Director of Recruiting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Director of Recruiting Interview Questions

Director of recruiting interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Don't remember much on questions. CEO bragged alot about himself and asked about my resume.

4 Answers

Told him about my experiences.

Alternate position of assistant was offered to determine level of applicant's commitment to company, although originally responded to a director position. Wanted to see if applicant was just looking for ANY job. Gave off air of superiority, as if job was beneath "dignity". Clearly had trouble understanding industry and business model. As a Life & Health insurance brokerage, explained to applicant that she could write her own major medial insurance policy, once licensed, and would receive a commission as a result---which is standard industry practice. Just did NOT get this concept at all. If so confused about job, AND had such a negative impression of management and company, why accept job offer and waste so much time and training resources? All of which could have gone to someone who actually wanted the job. I am the company's founder. It is a fact. How is explaining the company's origin to a prospective employee bragging exactly?

FYI. Employee was terminated for cause.

There was a mix of Job Fit interview questions and Behavioral based interview questions.

1 Answer

I was indirectly asked if I was a member of the Jewish faith (repeatedly). After several attempts to avoid answering the question, I had no choice but to confirm that I am not Jewish. But rather, grew up in the Catholic church. The positive energy and the interest I felt they had in me vanished. HUC is a Jewish Seminary and the posting stated that someone familiar with the Jewish faith is preferred.

1 Answer

How would you go about recruiting an Organic Chemist with no recruiting dollars?

1 Answer

How deep is your technical knowledge?

1 Answer

You are overqualified. What makes you think you would stay?

1 Answer

How do you keep a staff motivated?

110 of 64 Interview Questions