Director of Software Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Director of Software Engineering Interview Questions

Director of software engineering interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

How much compensation do you require?

Market

Do you think you can do this job

1 Answer

Although education, skill and experience were asked about, the main concern was quite obviously salary requirement. The amount was middle of the road for this area, not egregious by any means, but I could tell from her tone of voice that they were looking for someone who was willing to take far less.

1 Answer

1. General Business questions to manage Budget size of between $50 and $100 million. 2. People and team management questions for teams between 100 and 500 people. 3. Technical questions related to Cloud Software, Cloud Security, Mobility and Software Development Styles, like SDLC and Agile.

Honestly there was not any. Straightforward and common-sense people

I met separately with ten individuals, and each interview was different. Some people just wanted to chat and/or sell me on the company, others wanted to test my technical expertise, and yet others wanted to play games (e.g., if you think of the company as a bicycle, what part of the bicycle would your team be?).

How do you find that the characters of string one are contained in string two?

1 Answer

Some deeply technical questions related to technology. Difficult questions were mostly related to performance management and people management.

110 of 23 Interview Questions