Director Product Development Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Director Product Development Interview Questions

Director product development interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

The usual. Very inexperienced interviewers

Terrible. Avoid if possible

Why I left each job I had

1 Answer

how to forecast unit sales for a product line they did not yet have

1 Answer

what is 3rd normal form? questions about software development cycle past experience

1 Answer

Free format. They were mostly concerned if I could work well with them and I generally knew the work.

1 Answer

The VP of Product Development asked me to rank order several things that are all important in software management: quality, reliability, innovation, responsiveness to customer needs, etc.

They were mostly concerned with finding someone who could work within their customer focused "bust through walls" culture.

I didn't find any of the questions particularly difficult. There were some very specific scenarios posited with regards to strategic decision making, priority setting, team dynamics and resource contention that I interpreted as being exigent issues for the company. The impression this left me with is that early tasks for the person stepping into this role would be to clarify certain roles and reporting responsibilities and ensure that the production roadmap was clearly aligned with strategic business priorities and well communicated to all levels of the company.

110 of 16 Interview Questions