Director Product Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Director Product Management Interview Questions

Director product management interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Describe the five step processes used to stage gate project management activities.

2 Answers

I use a loose combination of Agile, Waterfall and Six Sigma modification to create project plans defining, measuring, analyzing, improving and controlling are the 5 steps. Every project is different and different stakeholders have various expectations of their involvement and expectations of debriefing. Depending on the situation and time frame some steps are more emphasized than others.

You don't "stage gate" project management activities. So I think the question must have been referring to product development not project management and therefore the stage gates for product development. Project management still involved planning, organizing, leading, monitoring and controlling no matter what.

The most unexpected question was "Review this Java code. What's wrong with it?"

2 Answers

There were a few phases of homework involved. One was to create specs for a competitor's next product. One was to do a competitive analysis on a few people in the space. Both very real-life situations so I thought that was a great way to dig into candidate's capabilities and to see how they thought about specs and analysis they do. I've never worked harder and been more impressed with an interview cycle.

1 Answer

What would be an example of a difficult managerial decision?

1 Answer

Why are you leaving this job?

1 Answer

Engineers tend to get the wacky game type questions. Business and Marketing people get drilled on case studies often trying to solve huge issues the company is trying to solve. For example, if you are meeting with the Windows Phone group, they might ask you how to grow share for Windows Phone.

1 Answer

No real difficult quesions.

1 Answer

How would you manage a developer who missed a deadline on a mission critical project?

2 Answers

What is your favorite feature on Facebook. Why?

1 Answer

One of the editors accused me of "drinking the FOSS (a competitor) kool-aid."

110 of 141 Interview Questions