Dispatcher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dispatcher Interview Questions

You can expect the interview for a dispatcher position to revolve around your communication and multitasking skills. Employers will want to make sure you can learn how to retrieve appropriate information from callers and relay necessary information in a timely manner. Prepare to provide examples of instances when you prioritized a list of tasks you had to complete in a short amount of time or explained a difficult concept to a coworker.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How would you handle a phone call where someone is loudly using profane language and is hard to understand?

4 Answers

I would remain calm, but firm and ask the person to be more clear so that I could send the help that they needed as quickly as possible.

Patiently, calmly, clearly and with precise direction

How would you handle a call you took for an emergency dealing with a family member?

2 Answers

How do you organize yourself when you have multiple tasks to complete?

1 Answer

They asked what I would do if I had a call in the middle of the night that one of their busses broke down in a remote place.

1 Answer

What would you do if you had plans to meet a friend after work and the person relieving you was running late and you have a flight battling some bad weather.

1 Answer

The most difficult question was " How well can you work under pressure, when a client is making bizarre requests for an hour pick up time and is also being very demanding (RUDE).

1 Answer

If the weather has gone down at your destination and the flight was dispatched without an alternate, what would you do?

6 Answers

She asked me if I didn't mind working different shifts.

6 Answers

The first thing is a verbal comprehension and math comprehension test, read "math word test", my least favorite. Both are online with which I have a hard time. I must have not read the math questions correctly and/or was not clear on the answer they were looking for because I got released from the interview immediately.

6 Answers

Would i be willing to learn new skills.

5 Answers