Dispatcher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dispatcher Interview Questions

You can expect the interview for a dispatcher position to revolve around your communication and multitasking skills. Employers will want to make sure you can learn how to retrieve appropriate information from callers and relay necessary information in a timely manner. Prepare to provide examples of instances when you prioritized a list of tasks you had to complete in a short amount of time or explained a difficult concept to a coworker.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

The most difficult question was " How well can you work under pressure, when a client is making bizarre requests for an hour pick up time and is also being very demanding (RUDE).

1 Answer

I answered " I will do exactly as is requested and if I need addtional help, I will ask a fellow co- worker what is the best thing to do in order to execute the client'srequest. The client needs to always be satisfied.

What would you do if you had plans to meet a friend after work and the person relieving you was running late and you have a flight battling some bad weather.

1 Answer

How would you handle a call you took for an emergency dealing with a family member?

1 Answer

How would you handle a phone call where someone is loudly using profane language and is hard to understand?

1 Answer

How do you organize yourself when you have multiple tasks to complete?

1 Answer

Will you be able to handle some of the behavior from truck drivers?

2 Answers

If the weather has gone down at your destination and the flight was dispatched without an alternate, what would you do?

6 Answers

"Do you have a five year plan?" I told him I did not. The VP's response was "Well you've had eleven months to figure it out. Why don't you have a plan?" It is none of his business what my future plans are. He had no right to give me a hard time about not having a five year plan. All he needed to know about me was how I'd would do the job at hand and my previous experience.

1 Answer

Did you ever work at night shift?

2 Answers

Have you ever worked shift work, holidays and been on call 24-7?

110 of 893 Interview Questions