dressbarn Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

dressbarn Assistant Manager Interview Questions

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Millcreek, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at dressbarn (Millcreek, UT).

Interview

I applied for a full time assistant manager position. I was invited to an interview, where I was informed that the only position open was a part time store clerk. This was probably the most unprofessional interview I've ever been to, and that's saying a lot. The manager was not prepared with questions, nor had she really even looked at my resume. She acted like she was better than me and that I was wasting her time. At the very end, she asked me to go out into the store to select a nice outfit. When I came back, it was as if she had forgotten about me. That was the end if the interview, I awkwardly brought the items back and left.

Interview Questions

• Go out into the store, and select an outfit you might suggest for a customer who is going on a date night.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for dressbarn

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at dressbarn (Houston, TX).

Interview

It was less than 30 min like any other job interview that was the easiest interview I have ever had it was really in and out simple question

Anonymous Employee in Horseheads, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at dressbarn (Horseheads, NY).

Interview

Interviewed with Assistant manager and then another store manager. I was not able to interview with the District manager as she was called for jury duty. But, not for that i eould have had an interview with her.

Interview Questions

• How would i deal with an unhappy customer   1 Answer

Negotiation

In quire before the interview what other people in similar positions are making in your area.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at dressbarn.

Interview

Multiple Interviews with store manager and district manager. Hiring platform incredibly difficult and lack-luster. Paperwork redundancies and glitches make the process take far too long. Difficulty of interview depends entirely on how much experience individual managers have.

Interview Questions

• various behavioral questions, like, tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a client or how have you handled "x" situation in the past?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Succasunna, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at dressbarn (Succasunna, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job on Indeed because they had a position posted on there. The bad thing is that when I went for the interview the person doing the interview said they did not actually have any open positions at the moment. I don't know why they are advertising for jobs they don't have.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at dressbarn (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

Two interviews. One with the assistant manager and one with the store manager. Pretty laid back atmosphere for interview. Fairly easy questions. Trying to get to know your personality. Did have to take a personality assessment as well. For a First impression the people working there are friendly and nice. All applications are done online.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer was upset? How would you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at dressbarn (Grapevine, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was invited by phone to come interview. We sat in the dressing rooms and chatted. The manager smelled like an old ashtray and didn't really ask very many questions. She just hired me. She described the job as being involved with Brand and Operations. All I was ever allowed to do was operations.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at dressbarn.

Interview

Interview was average with District Manager. It was very positive atmosphere thus I felt comfortable. Most of questions were regarding customer relations. I felt like I was making a new friend.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at dressbarn.

Interview

Pretty easy. Standard retail questions. How would you handle a situation with an upset customer.

Negotiation

They told me they were starting me hire than other assistant mangers, because i had retail exp. I was fine with that. Not as much as I made with other companies.

Anonymous Employee in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at dressbarn (Redlands, CA).

Interview

(1) I entered the store dressed for an interview and got THE manager, NOT an assistant or a sales person. This gives you a chance to sell yourself a little upfront. No shorts, flip-flops or inappropriate attire please. I was given an application and was interviewed on the spot and then a second interview set up with the DSM. A Personality test was also taken.Total 2 interviews. Was hired as an assistant and then entered their Pros program to further my career and skills

Interview Questions

• They asked me to give them an example of something I'd done (and was particularly proud of) where I had gone above and beyond the call of duty to help a customer or employee at a previous job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Typically an assistant manager with Dressbarn would only start at around $12-1$14 per hour depending on their education and previous retail experience. I started a little higher than most assistants because I had extensive retail and management background. I'd say the negotiation phase was easy.