dressbarn Interview Questions | Glassdoor

dressbarn Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at dressbarn (Houston, TX).

Interview

It was less than 30 min like any other job interview that was the easiest interview I have ever had it was really in and out simple question

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at dressbarn.

Interview

A fairly relaxed interview. It was more about getting to know my personality than my work history. I first met with the store manager. Then I met with the district manager.

Anonymous Employee in Horseheads, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at dressbarn (Horseheads, NY).

Interview

Interviewed with Assistant manager and then another store manager. I was not able to interview with the District manager as she was called for jury duty. But, not for that i eould have had an interview with her.

Interview Questions

• How would i deal with an unhappy customer   1 Answer

Negotiation

In quire before the interview what other people in similar positions are making in your area.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hot Springs, AR

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at dressbarn (Hot Springs, AR) in July 2016.

Interview

I was called in for interview in HOT SPRINGS AR the manager seem kinda RACIST and 28th all my MANAGEMENT experience she declined my application because I havnt worked in retail in THREE YEARS prior to interview. I go in the store two days later and THREE young ladies with no experience was hired. All Caucasians working in that store and no minorities which all business are to have several minorities working for the companies.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time i worked retail?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at dressbarn (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Wasn't a long interview. Meet at Starbucks they were very friendly. Unfortunately I didn't get a call back. I'm thinking about trying again hopefully I'll have better luck this time.

Full-Time Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crystal Lake, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at dressbarn (Crystal Lake, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Went in with my resume about the job after seeing it on glass door and asked to speak to manager on duty. While talking with them she complimented me on how I came in all dressed up nice looking for a job but, said the job was no longer available. And apologized for me driving all the way out there to talk to her about what I had seen online.

Interview Questions

• What kind of job I was looking for?   2 Answers

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at dressbarn (Fort Worth, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Very professional, problem solving skills of how they're used, pasted jobs, criminal history, skills you frequently use with other people, how would you greet a customer, very competitive and very calm normal interview questions.

Interview Questions

• If a team member was to be doing something they're suppose to be doing would you notify the store manager?
      How well do you work with others?
      What is your strongest ability?
      Are you a people person?   Answer Question

Junior Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at dressbarn (Mahwah, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

I found the job on indeed.com and was redirected to the Dressbarn website to apply. About a week or two later, HR call me for a phone interview/screening. While on the phone, we scheduled an interview at the office with the senior copywriter, and with the HR woman I talked with on the phone. I met with the HR lady first for about 30mins. She gave me a quick tour of the office, and then I met with the senior copywriter for about an hour. That night they emailed and asked me to come in one more time the next week to meet with the creative director and another HR woman. I was offered the position about a week later. My interviews were more like conversations, so those hard hitting behavioral questions were never really asked.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

When they called and offered me the position and gave me my salary, I asked if it were negotiable. She said no because they were on some sort of budget, but she'd check anyway. Then they emailed me my offer letter with a 2,500 increase. Still lower than I was hoping (but not by much), but I assumed since the letter was sent that was their final offer so I didn't counter it. Plus this was my first like real job in my field and I didn't have loads of experience.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at dressbarn.

Interview

The interview process was extensive. There were multiple sessions filling out computer information as well as an intricate personal interview which asked very deep questions for the position for which i was applying.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   4 Answers

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at dressbarn (Warren, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

Talked to the hiring manager first, then she called me back for second interview with the m
    Store manager. After we talked they offered to me they offered me the job

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, what is my background, am I familiar with retail   Answer Question