dressbarn Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

dressbarn Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Nov 12, 2016

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at dressbarn.

Interview

Very straight forward and to the point. Laid back interview style. friendly demeanor, understanding of need for a flexible schedule. There's a long form that has to be filled out at home- not very user friendly.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience retail?   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for dressbarn

Anonymous Employee in Sanford, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at dressbarn (Sanford, FL).

Interview

It was amazing and short the managers were super sweet I remcommend this job to anyone. You also grow as a person because they help you and teach you to get better at the job and love what you do.i still work at Dressbarn and they are honestly the best most kind hearted people and can't forget the amazing discounts we get as an associate .

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Dressbarn   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Odessa, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at dressbarn (Odessa, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

It went well but it was me .I screwed up by not going to work . and for that .I'M sorry .I hope I get another chance and reading a worker.

Interview Questions

• How good did i get along with customers employees .   Answer Question
    • Greet people be nice to other and have any questions they were answer my question   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at dressbarn (Clearwater, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call back about 5 days later to schedule an interview. I went in the next day and met with the super sweet manager, then the assistant manager. Both were very kind. They had trouble coming up with questions as this is my first job, but were extremely personable. I was hired on the spot. Knowing the history of the company as well as having a list of at least two references with me impressed them, and played a major role in getting hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate since it is my first job, but was offered well above minimum wage. Know the company history, smile and you will do fine.

Anonymous Employee in Valparaiso, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at dressbarn (Valparaiso, IN) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a breeze. The manager was extremely inviting and made me feel comfortable immediately. I could tell right off the bat that this would be a good fit for me just based on the interactions I had with her. Also, I met the rest of the team just as I was walking around the store and again, all were very inviting and sweet.

Make sure you dress well - very put together and cute. She made several comments about how she liked how I dressed and my makeup.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel comfortable selling credit cards to customers?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any retail or customer service experience?   Answer Question
    • What are you looking to get out of this job?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at dressbarn in April 2015.

Interview

Very friendly interview, met with Store Manager and we talked in the back room area. For part of the interview she posed as a customer and I had to pick her out an outfit for a special occasion.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience working in a clothing store?   1 Answer
    • Do you have experience working a cash register?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was not given an option to negotiate on pay. Even with my 5+ years experience as a cashier they started me at a lower pay rate than I was getting at my other job. But I was fine with it because it was just a second job for me that I didn't really need.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at dressbarn in September 2014.

Interview

I had two interviews. For the first interview I came in and talked to the general manager. For the second time I came in and talked to the general manager and assistant manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What is good customer service?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at dressbarn in August 2014.

Interview

I was recruited by Dressbarn. I hadn't even applied to that company but somehow they gained access to my application and resume. They called on a Thursday, I did an initial interview on Monday with the Assistant Manager, then was invited back for another interview with the Store Manager and was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Do you having a passion for inspiring women to be their own kind of beautiful?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Well hopefully i can get an interview here this would be my second job., i love retailing but one job isnt enough for me sad to say but i can do my best to keep Dress Barn alive :)

Interview Questions

• How do i find retailing?   1 Answer
    • Why do you think u should be hired?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at dressbarn in February 2014.

Interview

didnt go in back room and get interviewed. was out on the floor with answering questions. Sort of felt like it was too easy to get the interview. The interview did not take that long. Although i got a quick tour of the store because it was huge. Everyone seemed very nice and it seemed like a great job to get started with. Never been to dress barn except to get a dress for a graduation. The clothing seemed like great quality and was excited to shop there.

Interview Questions

• how do you handle a customer?   1 Answer