drillinginfo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

drillinginfo Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2018

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at drillinginfo (Austin, TX).

Interview

Was strung along with bad information. During my phone interview I was told I would be speaking to what would have been my boss's leader who was "traveling". Despite taking longer than I was told, I was informed I should "hang in there". The next communication I received was they hired someone else.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my relevant experience to this role.   1 Answer

drillinginfo Response

Oct 12, 2017 – VP Marketing

Thanks for taking the time to write a review and for sharing your experience so that we can improve. We want prospective employee experiences to be positive and to provide good communication along... More

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at drillinginfo (Austin, TX).

Interview

Notification by a recruiter, resume submission, initial phone call with HR, phone cal with hiring manager, face to face with hiring manager, face to face with SVP, offer extended. Process is straight forward but can drag due to the requirements. Know yourself, the company and as much as possible about their offerings.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at drillinginfo.

Interview

2 one hour interview sessions with Key Accounts Sales Director and then Team lead, behavioral interview. The interviews were separately held with each interviewer.

A series of questions and answers to test your thought process as well as your grit.

One thing they are looking for is your ability to close them on offering you a job, something I failed to do.

Interview Questions

• Why DrillingInfo?   1 Answer
    • If you make an appointment for next week with a prospect on the phone and they don’t show up, why didn’t they show up?   Answer Question
    • If you receive an angry email at 5:30 from a client what would you do?   Answer Question
    • If you were to teach a class on Sales what would it be about?   Answer Question
    • Do you want to work at DrillingInfo or do you want to work as an Account Manager?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at drillinginfo (Dallas, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Pretty straight forward meeting with several Sr. level managers in the organization. There were a total of 5 interviews that spanned or about a month and half period of time. Everyone I met with had great questions and great answers to my questions.

Geologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at drillinginfo.

Interview

I applied for the job within the first week it was posted and got an email within 2 weeks saying that I got a phone interview. I was interviewed by one of the geologists, although the whole team was on the line. The questions were pretty standard and it lasted about 20 minutes. 5 days later I got another email asking me to come in for an in-person interview which lasted about 1.5 hours. Again, it was with the whole geology team and I had to give a short geologic presentation. One week later, I got an email with an offer letter attached from the man who will be my boss.

Interview Questions

• Are you a qualitative or quantitative person?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at drillinginfo (Austin, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Pyscholocgical/Personity screening test followed by panel phone interview and In person Interview

Interview Questions

• Why do have so much difficultly x, y, and z/whatever it is that your profile says you MIGHT be/might have difficulty with, stated as a fact. e.g. Why are you so overly concerned with your social status in the office? why would people say that about you?   2 Answers

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at drillinginfo in January 2015.

Interview

Applied for a sales position and received an email that they would like me to take the sales assessment. They provided a link which I went to and completed the test. Not more than 5 minutes after completion I received a "Thanks for you interest.....yada yada. We've decided to pursue other candidates, etc"

Interview Questions

• How did they do the assessment results in 5 minutes or less?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at drillinginfo.

Interview

One phone interview with the reruiter, one face-to-face interview with hiring Manager and face-to-face with a panel of employees from different department. It was almost 2 hours of face-to face interview at the Austin location.

Project Manager II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at drillinginfo in February 2014.

Interview

After applying online, the first point of contact was an initial phone screen (30 min) with one of the senior members of the PMO office. Questions were general and about what I was looking for and employment history. The next step was another 30 min phone screen with the same senior member and the PMO director. We again reviewed my employment history and I was asked some skills questions regarding project management and behavioral questions about how I handled tough situations as a project manager (e.g difficult team members).

The final step was an on-site interview. This was a series of two panel interviews over 2.5 hours and where things got tougher. The first hour was with the PMO office team members (4 people) and I was asked more behavioral questions (e.g. introducing organizational change, handling difficult people in meetings, time that I failed). The second hour was with key leaders for each of the technical areas (5 people) which centered on my background and experience. The last half hour was a 1x1 with the PMO director where I had the opportunity to ask any final questions.

Overall I felt communication throughout the process was good and I was well informed and read into what they are looking for. The panel interviews were rather dry so it was hard to get a sense of the culture. Each person felt they really enjoyed the people they worked with but I could not get a read for that.

Interview Questions

• I had a number of questions around dealing with difficult people - how to keep project team members who don't get along and how to handle people who dominate meetings I am leading.   Answer Question

Corporate Counsel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at drillinginfo (Austin, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

Where are you on the scale of job, career, cause, mission.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The company made an offer, and I immediately accepted it.