drillinginfo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

drillinginfo Interview Questions

Updated Nov 30, 2017

2.9

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at drillinginfo.

Interview

2 one hour interview sessions with Key Accounts Sales Director and then Team lead, behavioral interview. The interviews were separately held with each interviewer.

A series of questions and answers to test your thought process as well as your grit.

One thing they are looking for is your ability to close them on offering you a job, something I failed to do.

Interview Questions

• Why DrillingInfo?   1 Answer
    • If you make an appointment for next week with a prospect on the phone and they don’t show up, why didn’t they show up?   Answer Question
    • If you receive an angry email at 5:30 from a client what would you do?   Answer Question
    • If you were to teach a class on Sales what would it be about?   Answer Question
    • Do you want to work at DrillingInfo or do you want to work as an Account Manager?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at drillinginfo (Austin, TX).

Interview

Was strung along with bad information. During my phone interview I was told I would be speaking to what would have been my boss's leader who was "traveling". Despite taking longer than I was told, I was informed I should "hang in there". The next communication I received was they hired someone else.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my relevant experience to this role.   1 Answer

drillinginfo Response

Oct 12, 2017 – VP Marketing

Thanks for taking the time to write a review and for sharing your experience so that we can improve. We want prospective employee experiences to be positive and to provide good communication along... More

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at drillinginfo.

Interview

One phone interview with the reruiter, one face-to-face interview with hiring Manager and face-to-face with a panel of employees from different department. It was almost 2 hours of face-to face interview at the Austin location.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at drillinginfo in August 2017.

Interview

Had a pre screening interview. The next day I had an interview with the hiring manager over the phone. A week later an onsite. A week after another onsite. The recruiter said she would let me know by the end of "next week." Never heard from them again. Followed up twice. The interviews was very easy and they asked typical interview questions. I also walked them through my background. I would have marked this as a positive experience because everyone was super
    nice, however not hearing back made it very negative.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at drillinginfo (Austin, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

You will do 3 interviews after passing their online screening and initial call. The first interview is to evaluate your sales ability, and the last two have more to do with culture. Overall the interview was comfortable and low-pressure.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at drillinginfo in April 2017.

Interview

There is no behavioral questions. There is no tell me about yourself. Directly ask me something about my project experience, and then ask several technical questions. I felt difficult and the phone interview only last 6 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between cluster index and non-cluster index in SQL?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between dictionary and list in Python?   Answer Question

Machine Learning Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at drillinginfo in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online through their job portal. Was contacted by Sr. Software Developer from their machine learning team. Gave one interview on phone. He first gave an overview of the work being done by the team. Was given the decision in a week.

Interview Questions

• HR questions only, like what is the biggest technical problem you have ever faced and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Software Testser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at drillinginfo.

Interview

It basically starts with an online general comprehension test and then a personality test. If you make it past that, you get the in person.
    At that point I met with the current team, a project manager, the QA Lead and the QA manage as well as the lead software developer. I fielded general questions on in software testing and my personal experiences.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at drillinginfo (Austin, TX).

Interview

Notification by a recruiter, resume submission, initial phone call with HR, phone cal with hiring manager, face to face with hiring manager, face to face with SVP, offer extended. Process is straight forward but can drag due to the requirements. Know yourself, the company and as much as possible about their offerings.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

N/A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at drillinginfo (Austin, TX).

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter who talked a lot, on site, met with 4 people, intense but straight forward. Got the vibe the company isn't doing so well...and they aren't....not a good time to join their "growing team".