Driver Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Driver Interview Questions

3,808

Driver interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

Personal questions.

1 Answer

Do you have a car and insurance?

1 Answer

Could you lift 50 pounds?

When is Chicago's rush hour

Where have you worked?

Are you a good worker?

1 Answer

The questions were generic in one sense with the first branch by the manager. The manager was assisted by the district manager and a previous driver whom has transitioned to another position. This was a new process for me but very rewarding because it was a good experience for me during this process. Basic questions were asked and it appeared that it was a generic set of questions that originated from the internet. I was fairly familiar with them because I managed for 13 years. I was not really impressed with this process because it appeared less genuine. However, one thing that I have learned to appreciate is that we all have our strong points as leaders or managers and this could have simply been a circumstance situation that produced a generic listing of interview questions buy the manager. They district manager really asked a very good question. With your experience and education, where do you see yourself in the next few years? I pondered it for a second or two, with my experience and educational background, I would be interested if the opportunity presented itself to be in your position within that time frame. Everyone smiled and laughed a little then I corrected it slightly not to ruffle the feather of the manager. the district manager said well, that means that I would have moved up also. I stated that anything is possible. I stated that it would only be after the manager would assume that position and I would assume the manager's position. The previous driver was fair because his question was very simple and to the point. How old are you? Are you able to do manual work? Overall, it was a good experience and an opportunity for me to sharpen my personal skills and interview techniques. However, the second interview was quite different in all aspects. This was without any question, the best interview that I have ever been through. The manager was honest, clear, straight to the point of wanting to know about me the person, my goals, skills, and how can I add value to the current company's operations. I was very pleased and shocked at the same time. Because of his next statement after I responded, I can read your resume up and down and back and forth, but I want to have a discussion with the person that I am interviewing. The manager discussed the background of the company, its goals and missions, and how my background and skills could potentially add to what's currently in place. We also discussed the opportunities that will be offered if hired by the company. I felt very fortunate because as the manager stated, a resume can be purchased, copied, and fabricated and not that this was the case. But, the manager wanted to know the person behind the resume. The manager gave me a tour of the shop, allowed me to meet the staff, and introduced me to the other driver whom i would work with if hired. The staff was a reflection of the manager and it was a breath of fresh air. As the manager in my mind was a reflection of the district manager and so forth. I liked this location so much that I came back the following day before I was hired to observe the operations of the driver. I was not allowed to work but only to have a discussion and observe from a distance. I have finally found a home, a place that I plan on building my career onto my retirement. Phew!! LOL.

1 Answer

have you worked in a resturant before

1 Answer

mostly about , did i have , and what what type of drivers license did i have a commercial drivers license.

2130 of 3,808 Interview Questions