Business Analyst Interview Questions in Dublin, Ireland | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Business Analyst

Business Analyst Interview Questions in Dublin, Ireland

Business Analyst Interview Questions in Dublin, Ireland

When interviewing a candidate for a business analyst role, employers are looking to assess your analytical problem-solving skills as well as your communication and collaboration skills. Be prepared to analyze a business case study and answer behavioral questions that often test your ability to handle challenging stakeholders or tight deadlines. Business analysts must also be creative thinkers, so expect to tackle a few unusual brainteasers that are designed to see how well you can think through a complex problem.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

All HR questions were competencies based. There's some repetition, so be prepared to sound quite repetitive too. "How do you deal with multiple priorities?", "What do you do when there's a conflict in opinions?", etc.

1 Answer

Think of examples from your past experience. Remember, communication is key and will suit as the answer to many questions.

Have you had a situation where somebody working for you was dishonest, if so how did you handle it.

1 Answer

What do you think about Citi?

1 Answer

One person being extremely uninterested in my responses and reading their blackberry. They generally tuned in and out over the hour long interview.

1 Answer

Business case was not very clear and left room for lots of ambiguity as you would expect. Felt that the analysts in the US were not engaging with the case and did not let me expand on potential areas. Also lack of laptop hindered ecxplanation as required to hold piece of paper up to web cam rather than screen sharing via vc - seemed odd due to the high level of technology in the office.

1 Answer

How many houses in the US have blue doors

2 Answers

For instance, questions to describe what would be the main challenge to the position and technical skills.

1 Answer

What is your biggest strength

1 Answer

Why do you want to work for us?

1 Answer

I think the most difficult question was in responding to the personal question which delved into personal relationships that I had with other people who I had worked with in the past. They really sought to tease out any tensions that occurred between myself and others and how I had dealt with them. They explored how I dealt with people from different backgrounds and abilities and sought great detail about my experiences and my response to them. The interviewers searched for occasions when I had been in conflict with others and how I dealt with it. Over the course of half an hour or so,They acquired a great amount of detail and really teased out my understanding of my own behaviour and how it influenced others.

110 of 135 Interview Questions