Systems Engineer Interview Questions in Dublin, Ireland | Glassdoor

Systems Engineer Interview Questions in Dublin, Ireland

Systems engineers work closely with systems analysts to maintain a company's IT system by developing the operating systems that run computers. Expect to be quizzed on a variety of technical questions that will test your knowledge of how computer systems work. Employers prefer candidates with a bachelor's degree in an engineering field and previous experience with technology.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

While explaining differences between TCP and UDP, when I mentioned that UDP is more convenient for video streaming websites as video will keep streaming even if packages get dropped. Interviewer asked me isn't that the opposite of what we want as this could hamper the video quality.

2 Answers

I replied that once dropped packages will just be resent and this won't reflect on video quality.

Yes every dropped packet in UDP means deterioration of video quality.

Exhange Server has problems with read or write operations (Can't remember exactly ) what could the problem be .

1 Answer

You need to change this configuration file. How would you do that? How would you do that on XX servers in a reliable way? How would you rollback?

1 Answer

Tell me about the most stressful situation you have faced in your career

1 Answer

What was a difficult problem you had to deal with and how did you handle it.

1 Answer

Usual personal questions, career experience, technical knowledge

1 Answer

Differences between TCP and UDP, find all files that share the same inode number

1 Answer

In the client interview, also by phone, there were two technical folks that asked me to detail my experience with backups (as the client requirement was mainly supporting backup administrators).

110 of 33 Interview Questions