Trader Interview Questions in Dublin, Ireland | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Trader

Trader Interview Questions in Dublin, Ireland

Trader interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

A piece of land has a 30% chance of being located over an oil reserve, in which case it is going to be worth 100M. If there is no oil, the land is worth 30M. You are offered an option to buy the land at 40M after inspecting it and ascertaining if there is oil. How much are you willing to pay for this option?

6 Answers

This is a very basic options question, of course. Not being too familiar with options, I did not follow that until it was too late and the interviewer had corrected me. They mislead you slightly by first asking you for the fair value of the piece of land and by asking the question in a fairly convoluted way.

20 Million

Expected value = 0.3(100m) + 0.7(30m) = 30m + 21m = 51m => option price = 51m - 40m = 11m No?

How many oranges are consumed per year in Ireland?

2 Answers

You are the captain of a submarine. You have two torpedoes. Each torpedo hits a ship independently with probability 1/3. What's the probability you will hit a ship?

3 Answers

You are the captain of that same submarine. You can see a sinking ship on the horizon. What's the probability both of your torpedoes hit the ship?

4 Answers

I have a painting, if it's an original it's worth 500k if it isn't it's worth 10k. The probability it's an original is 0.2. I have an option to pay 100k for the picture after inspection what is the value of the option?

2 Answers

Played the game Acey Deucy

1 Answer

'If you throw a dice and can choose to take the initial score or roll again and will get $1 for 1, $2 for 2 etc, what is the fair price for that game'.

1 Answer

I have a cube made up of 27 smaller cubes. I paint the outside of the cube red! I take a random cube and roll it. What is the probability no red faces are showing? Given that I roll no red, what is the probability that the cube is the center cube, with no red faces? I roll two ten sided die. Which is more likely, that I roll two odd numbers, or two even numbers?

1 Answer

If a shooting star has an 80% chance of appearing in the next hour, what is the chance of it appearing in the next half hour?

110 of 73 Interview Questions