dunnhumby Data Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

dunnhumby Data Scientist Interview Questions

Interviews at dunnhumby

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at dunnhumby (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

The process took about 5 weeks. Initially I had a phone interview with a senior member of staff asking about what I know about Dunnhumby, skills and projects I worked on in the past. After I got word of progression the next round was a numerical reasoning test. This was difficult but a few days preparation before hand and you will do well. I was then invited into their London HQ in Hammersmith for a face-to-face with two senior staff. The interview itself was very pleasant. It lasted about 2-2.5 hours but I didn't even notice the time go by. I had to do a case study and give presentation on the topic. They sent on the case study a week prior to the interview and then they asked me general data analysis/science questions on the study. There was also a coding exam which was relatively straight forward. They didn't require you to write the code in any specific language as such more about the algorithmic process. A few weeks practice on HackerRank will help you here. Although the coding exam was straight forward I didn't actually perform well on this as I never done a coding test before and through a mix up between my recruiter and HR I was told there was no coding exam.

I got the refusal phone call about two days later and was told my coding ability wasn't up to the threshold they required.

Overall it was a very nice experience as this was my first ever data science interview. It's a shame I didn't get the job because I really wanted to work with them. Once I get a little more practice and experience under my belt I will definitely apply again.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for dunnhumby

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at dunnhumby (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in February 2019.

Interview

Interview Process consists of
    1. Online Python/ R coding test to analyze the skills in Programming with average difficulty
    2. F2F Interview consisting of various Data Science Questions, Previous Projects, Experience, etc

Interview Questions

• 1. How would you predict the sales for the next quarter for a restaurant chain.   Answer Question