dunnhumby Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at dunnhumby

3.1

N/A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at dunnhumby (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2011.

Interview

Interviewed over a period of 4 hours with 3 different interviewers. Did an excellent job of exposing the culture and type of people that work here. While I did not receive an offer, I was very impressed with what I saw. Would recommend looking here.

Interview Questions

• One of the interviewers did not ask questions, wanted me to ask him questions. Go prepared with competent and intelligent questions to ask.   Answer Question

Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at dunnhumby in October 2014.

Interview

Did a competence and intelligence test through a computer. Was almost only numerical questions and no logical at all. Everything was computer-based and you got timed on every question. One bad thing is that I haven't heard from them yet, but it went really bad so I figure that im out.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at dunnhumby (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

I was contacted by someone in the project management group for a phone interview. I was asked to quickly run through my previous experience and describe the role, challenges, deliverables, etc.

Everything seemed fine until I was abruptly interrupted toward the end. The only way I can accurately describe what happened next would be to say I was "dressed down". At this point it became clear that the woman I was speaking to never had any intention of hiring me and was having a very bad day. She proceeded to tell me all the reasons I was not a good fit for the role and actually got pretty personal making several remarks that explained to me how she didn't think I was a good IT employee in general. This was very surprising, especially since I had been in a much larger role at a fortune 5 company for the past 11 years.

Needless to say, there was no offer. If there was an offer of employment, I would have promptly declined it.

Associate, Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at dunnhumby (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2013.

Interview

Online tests, phone interview, on-site interview. The test is your basic iq test and quantitative reasoning test. Should be easy enough. The phone interview was mostly personal questions and some silly case questions. The on-site was the toughest. It was three rounds. The first was personality interview with your standard tell me about a time. The second interview was a case study. They gave us some info about some metrics they record. They give you a prompt and let you gather your thoughts for 20 minutes. Then they come in and ask you about what you came up with and and ask some strategy questions. The third interview was the reasoning case questions. These are your standard questions where you have to estimate or reason through something and come up with an answer even-though you have absolutely no information given to you.

Interview Questions

• How tall is the Eiffel tower? What is your passion? Can you code is SAS?   Answer Question

Graduate Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at dunnhumby.

Interview

Initial On-Campus Interview followed by On-Site Interview at company HQ in Cincinnati. After a successful on-campus interview, they flew all passing candidates on-site to their headquarters in Cincinnati. The on-site consists of three 45 minute interviews with different parties within the company. There is also a presentation interview. Be sure to make your recommendations as data-driven as possible.

Interview Questions

• Based on the data collected from a household's store receipt, what data might prove useful to a category Manager deciding what items to keep given limited shelf space.   1 Answer

Client Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at dunnhumby (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2010.

Interview

Definitely understand the culture. Most of it is behavioral but the main advice I would give is to understand the idea behind dunnhumby. The management wants to test and make sure you understand what their customer-centric beliefs are. You need to be smart to get through it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none.

Client Lead Interview

Interview

You really need to understand what it is they do and have a grasp for how important the culture is there. I would have been perfect for the position but I did not answer one of the questions they asked me correctly. As soon as I walked out of the interview the right answer immediately came to me. Funny how that works. I didn’t get an offer but if you have a Type A personality and can think on your feet then this would be an excellent opportunity. I’m very interested in this industry so I’ll most likely end up working for one of their competitors. Bottom line: Be prepared for the unexpected and stay relaxed. Best of luck!

Clien Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at dunnhumby (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2011.

Interview

After speaking to the HR rep on the phone, I was sent a one page business case for which to create a presentation using fictional data. The 5 hour interview began with me presenting to 3 people, then I had 4 one-on-one interviews after that. You need to be the right fit for this company. I was not. I felt the mood of the place was very elitist. If you are a type-A personality who will constantly be striving for your boss's job, then maybe this is the place for you.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part of the interview was that they expected me to come in there and tell them exaclty how they do business. I've been exposed to what they do, but not worked with it directly. So I did not get it 100% right.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at dunnhumby in November 2012.

Interview

The interview process is incredibly selective. It consists of a phone interview or on-campus interview, followed by an online assessment and then an on-site interview super-day. In the interviews, you discuss your experiences as well as are asked some analytical questions, more to see how your brain thinks than if you can get the right answer. The day concludes with a case study.

Data Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at dunnhumby (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2014.

Interview

I initially applied for the position online, and was quickly informed that I had passed their initial screen. The next step was a pair of reasoning tests that were not especially difficult; nonetheless, I recommend taking the practice tests first, to familiarize yourself with them. If you don't work fast, time pressure could be a concern. The next step after the reasoning tests was a phone interview. It focused on getting a glimpse of both your personality and your ability to think through problems, so be prepared for both types of questions. The last step was an on-site interview in Cincinnati that involved two interviews that were a combination of case and behavior interviews as well as a case presentation.