dunnhumby Interview Questions | Glassdoor

dunnhumby Interview Questions

Interviews at dunnhumby

3.1

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at dunnhumby (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in November 2009.

Interview

hr very professional and uite communicative. good and pleasant interview process. Do not go into unnecessary details

Interview Questions

Negotiation

dunnhumby does not negotiate

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at dunnhumby in June 2011.

Interview

had diffficult behavioral questions, but overall i thought i would make it. unfortunately i received a letter saying they had already hired enough and didnt have more openings

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at dunnhumby (London, England (UK)) in March 2012.

Interview

They ask about previous experience and why would you like to join them.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at dunnhumby (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in January 2011.

Interview

Case Study - presentation / telephonic
    Technical interview - telephonic
    Technical test written - personal
    Personality test - personal
    HR interview - telephonic

Interview Questions

Negotiation

very negotiable regarding joining dates.
    non-negotiable on compensation part.

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at dunnhumby in March 2011.

Interview

The process consisted of two phone interviews. Many business questions. Very unprofessional......no feedback on how the interviews went even after multiple attempts to contact their HR.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at dunnhumby in October 2011.

Interview

Contacted company through university career services office. Went to two "pre" nights which consisted of a meeting at a bar and another presentation and receipt activity where we were put in groups and given different receipts and had to draw certain conclusion/ analyze different trends in the receipts. Never really felt like our answers were right, only half right. Interview followed up 3 weeks later and was two people from recruiting who asked a lot of behavioral questions. Used confusing language to try and lead me to an answer they already had in their minds. Once again my ideas weren't right, only half right. Good practice though. Be prepared totalk about previous experiences.

Interview Questions

• How would you decide what quality of clothes to have at different stores   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at dunnhumby in August 2011.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a initial telephonic screening interview. It was a pleasant conversation on generic topics. scenario based questions to judge a candidate on whether he/she is a match for the job.
    10 days later was called in for a group interview consisting of 4 people scheduled one after the other followed by a case study preparation and presentation.

simple case - business case study and a not too fussy presentation.

nice people to interact to. friendly and professional.

no idea abt the pay though. i didnt ask since i liked the company and the kind of job that was described. but i guess thats my priority. will post more if offered a job.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at dunnhumby in November 2009.

Interview

the case was given with humungous amount of data and had to interpret in a short span of time.
    the case involved strong analytical and number-crunching ability.
    this was followed by 1:1 interview in which mainly behovioural questions were asked.
    Overall experience was good as this was the first one.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at dunnhumby in June 2017.

Interview

I have got interview scheduled through a third party consultancy.
    My interview started at 10.00 AM morning with a written test in R. The funny thing is company is so old profile that they still prefer testing coding skills on pen and paper.
    After clearing the first round. I was interviewed by a person who has been working there for 6 years. The interviewer discussed my past projects. How would I handle the dunnhumby type of retail projects? Some cases of retails.
    I cleared the first technical interview round too.
    After waiting for an hour, My second interview with dunnhumby started with a manager who seemed really sleepy and rather than asking about my analytical skills he was more interested in how I started my startup. How is the startup experience and all.
    in the end he put some retail cases where I needed to define few variables to find out which customer to be given a promotion or not.I did it and the interview again went well according to me.
    But After the interview the HR said that you have cleared all the rounds and one final HR round is remaining which won't be possible today.
    We will connect with tomorrow morning.
    I called them the next day to ask about final HR interview and they said We have put the position on hold for two more months and sorry we cannot provide any feedback on it.
    Funny, isn't it ?
    they put my profile on hold , and waiting to see if they can get better candidate.
    Now you can see How much they will care for you once you get selected.

Interview Questions

• R, SQL basic questions.   Answer Question
    • Retail store cases.
      How would you choose 1000 customers to give promotional coupons?   Answer Question
    • How would you find and retain potential frequent customers ?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at dunnhumby (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

First, I had a phone interview which was fine and pretty standard (competency-based). In the following stage, I had a face-to-face interview at their London offices, for which I needed to prepare a presentation and it also included a SQL test.
    For the most part, my two interviewers seemed completely uninterested throughout the whole interview and my presentation. They challenged all the ideas I presented, notably not in a way that generates interesting discussion and a sharing of opinions, but as if to bluntly show me up just because I had a different opinion from them. I left with the certainty that I do not want to join such an unwelcoming company.
    Here's the thing though: They never even bothered to give me a call. I had a phone interview, travelled to their offices for a face-to-face interview, prepared a presentation. Basically put in all this time and effort, yet they never even bothered to reply (it has been almost 6 weeks since my interview now). Never would I want to work for a company that treats their applicants like this.