dunnhumby Senior Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

dunnhumby Senior Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at dunnhumby

2.9

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at dunnhumby.

Interview

Location: USA

I heard back from a recruiter about a month after applying, but it was approx. 3 weeks after that I ended up speaking with them about the role and was told after I could expect to hear back within a week. Almost 2 weeks later I followed up after not receiving a response and was invited to a phone conversation with the hiring manager and submitted availability as requested. I did not receive confirmation or hear back for another week and had to follow up again, at which point I was told the position was filled, but there was another opening and I spoke with that manager about a week after that. Following that call, I was invited to an in person, about two months after submitting an application.

I was asked to complete a data analysis exercise for this in-person, but the download link I received did not work. I then received the materials via email after getting back in touch with the hiring team. The in-person day was also very disorganized: not only were the titles of the individuals with whom I was meeting inaccurate on the agenda, but there were multiple schedule/interviewer changes not reflected in the information I was given. From there, it only got worse: three back to back sessions, two of which I felt as if my interviewers did not believe the skills and experience on my resume, and asked me many technical questions with no indication as to how they applied directly to the role. I was given almost no opportunity across the three sessions/three hours to ask questions, and when I did ask about basics on the role, team, etc, my interviewers could not answer them as none were on that team and the manager was located out of state. After my final session I was let go with no indication as to next steps, timeframe etc. Very frustrating, and left me with many more questions than I had before the interview.

A little over a week later I got a phone message from a completely different HR person informing me that I was not selected for the position, but that there were other openings that would be a good fit. I then left a phone message in response indicating interest in discussing these roles, but never got a response.

Weeks after this, I received an email from the original recruiter informing me that I had not been selected for the position, again. I then got another canned rejection email for another position with the company to which I had never submitted an application. Upon responding to this, I was informed that this was technology related, and not due to errors on their end which by this point I found humorous-- not accepting responsibility for this mix up seems like a perfectly fitting close to easily the most sloppy, unprofessional, unnecessarily long/drawn-out and straight-up negative interview processes I've experienced.

Given the current state of the quant job market, my recommendation would be to stay away from dunnhumby and invest the time and effort into companies who have their acts together and are respectful of job candidates and their time.

Interview Questions

• Straightforward technical questions on statistics, technology, R programming   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for dunnhumby

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at dunnhumby (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

It consisted of 3 rounds:-

1. A written test on R/Python (any one, 45 mins). It consisted of 15 questions in which 5 were output questions and the rest were questions in which you had to write code. It wasn't an MCQ paper as expected and hence required an intermediate to advanced level of proficiency in the respective languages.
    2. Technical Round - Mostly focused around your previous experience with rapid cross questioning. Also asked to execute basic SQL queries and a few situations that you had to formulate mathematically.
    3. Case Study Round - Asked multiple cases relating to the work that Dunnhumby does and provide suitable solutions. It is advised that you go through these case studies present on their official website.

Over 150 people had come for the interview but everything was professionally managed. The interview process got over in the stipulated time and offer letters were handed over within a week.

Interview Questions

• A high end saloon brand wants to open up a chain in New Delhi. What locations should they choose?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at dunnhumby in October 2015.

Interview

was part of a drive, there was a written SQL and SAS test. the level of toughness was average.
    post that there were some interviews on the same day with some technical and business case studies and behavioural questions.

Interview Questions

• some probability puzzles, SQL questions as to why Coalesce is used, how dimension tables are useful.
      how would you evaluate that a campaign was successful.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at dunnhumby (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

Written round in R or Python followed by Interview .Written test had MCQ as well as subjective questions where entire code had to be written.Two interview rounds one technical and business round and other was HR round.

Interview Questions

• About projects that you have done and some additions in form of case studies and questions to test your sql and python skills   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at dunnhumby (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2018.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruitment agency and interview was scheduled after a week. It was a one day process. First round was a Python test (prefer online test if given a chance or else you might end up writing codes on paper). Second round lasted for around 45 mins and was a mix of technical as well as behavioral. Know your CV thoroughly. Retail based case studies may be asked. Third round was more of CV overview. Lastly, if selected you would be informed by the HR in the next round. Good Luck !

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at dunnhumby (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

Written test followed by one technical and one manager round

Hr round is sort and simple, no need to negotiation in terms of salary or hike.

Written test have 20 questions, 5 from core python and 15 from pandas and pyspark/SQL background.

Technical focus on past experience and core python/pyspark knowledge.

Manager round focus on analytical skills and case studies.

Interview Questions

• Python
      Pandas
      SQL
      Pyspark

There are key skill to fit into Dunnhumby   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at dunnhumby.

Interview

A dummy case study about Movie magic and its customers and how to segment them?

Written test in a language of your choice followed by a case interview and another with a manager

Interview Questions

• What metrics to look for before launching a new product in the retail industry?   Answer Question