eBay Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.8

30 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at eBay (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2017.

Interview

After you apply, you are emailed a link to complete a virtual interview. The virtual interview had about 5 questions and was very easy. It gives you about 3 minutes to think about the question before it records you answering, which is nice. Then, a recruiter will view the virtual interview and if you pass, they will ask you to come on site for another interview. The on site interview is super long, about 2.5 hours worth. The first show you around the building, which is super nice, then they have you split in with an agent and listen to their calls while they take them so you can get a feel for what it's like to work there. The call center floor is very bright and spacious, which is very nice for a call center. After that, you go back downstairs to do some tests. You do a timed math, spelling & reading, typing, computer basic knowledge test, and a personality test. When you are done with that, you listen to a call and take notes about what went good, what didn't, and what you would improve. After that, you are brought in to manager with a team leader. They will first ask you about what you thought about the call you just listened to, which is why you will want to take notes. The interview was fairly easy, and lasted about 15 minutes. They ask you questions based on the STAR format, so come prepared with a few stories up your sleeve.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you receive bad customer service?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when a colleague did something wrong, what did you do about it?   Answer Question
  • Tell me how you prioritize things when you are slammed with so many things?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you received negative feedback?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you were not meeting your goals, and what did you do to fix it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for eBay

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at eBay (Austin, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview was based on behavior. Phone interview went great. Went in for assessment and all were friendly. Then went in for an interview and everyone was very cold. Completely different.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for eBay?
      Basic questions on how you would handle situations.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at eBay (Draper, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

First a digital interview is completed and then you are invited on site. They give you a tour of the building outlining the perks, then they have you listen to calls for about 15minutes. After That you do about 45 min worth of assessments including math, computer literacy, spelling/grammar, typing and personality. You then listen to a call and write noted regarding the pros and con's of it to discuss in your interview. After that you have an one on one interview where they ask you situation and behavioral based questions. They expect you to have specific examples based on the STAR method (Situation, task, action, resolution.)

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you handled a difficult customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at eBay (Draper, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

There was a digital interview first which was then followed by onsite interview. I was given a company tour and we listened to customer calls to get to know how are they answered. Then was the assessment which had different sections of maths, language, simulation and personality test. In the end i was interviewed by a senior leader who asked me various questions and notes my asnwers

Interview Questions

• Did you ever come across a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at eBay (Austin, TX).

Interview

Standard phone screening. In person interview involved a tour of the site and a short test listening to a sample phone call. Next was a one on one with a team lead. They basically read STAR type questions off a sheet of paper and wrote down your answers. Very impersonal

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at eBay (Draper, UT).

Interview

Rigorous interview process was changed since I began four years ago. Had to submit 5 reviews from people, phone interview, on-site interview, typing test, internet test. Then waited 3 to get a job offer

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you received great customer service   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at eBay (Draper, UT) in February 2016.

Interview

Hirevue digital interview then in person interview. HIgh vue is really strange and uncomfortable but not terrible. Got a response quick but declined in person interview because off glass door reviews.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2015.

Interview

Tested on ability to type/ listen at the same time and asked about difficult situations in your life. there was a tour of the facility then we watched some current employees as they worked to be able to understand what it is we would be doing.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at eBay (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview was approx 20-25mins, face to face interview was just over an hour.
    Mainly example based questions, give me an example of when you went over and beyond, tell me when you dealt with a difficult customer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at eBay (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview is a great experience! They are more about personality. First it was a phone interview and it was great, it was fun and very professional, then it was the face to face interview which also was great!!! They asked me a fee questions and I answered them and I got a call a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you had someone give you bad customer service.   Answer Question