eBay Enterprise Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.8

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at eBay Enterprise (King of Prussia, PA) in June 2011.

Interview

- I applied on the GSI web site
    - they called me within a few days for a phone interview with the manager
    - the manager screened me on the phone for about 20 minutes
    - then they arranged 3 hour in person interviews
    - there were 4 sets of interviews. First was with HR- brief, explained company policies. Next was with 3 technical people at once. Next was with a non-technical project manager, and the last was with the hiring manager.
    - they were quite "brutal" in the interviews - they did NOT ask a lot of hard questions, they were just relentless on me and just never seemed satisfied that I would do a good job, despite me being overqualified for the job (I have 20 years experience). I answered every question well, but they were just relentless.

Interview Questions

• Draw a diagram on the whiteboard of GSI's item-ordering structure (this actually had nothing to do with the skills needed for the job)   1 Answer

- they left me with a bad impression from being so hard on me in the interviews. It seems like it would be an agonizing place to work.

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at eBay Enterprise (King of Prussia, PA) in May 2014.

Interview

The hiring manager and colleague will conduct a phone interview via a conference call. They inquired about your past experience. Then they asked about specific questions on different types of quality assurance methodology that you have used in the past.

Interview Questions

• What QA methodology have you used in your previous employment?   1 Answer

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at eBay Enterprise (King of Prussia, PA) in January 2013.

Interview

Good process it was a very difficult interview. This was for an entry level position, I did not have much QA experience. Asked questions about my college classes, projects, and time management.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at eBay Enterprise (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

There will be face to face , 4 technical rounds , first one is puzzle with DS and core java . second is all about alog's and DS , third is about Design and architecure , 4th is about projects difficulties and how you over came them . Last is US panal round and then HR .

Interview Questions

• serialization , how would you build a word app , concurrency questions and few puzzels.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Phone interview with outside consultant - felt more like a course certification exam than interview. Interviewer was more focused on methodologies, like pmp course methods than real world experiences

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at eBay Enterprise (King of Prussia, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through the internet job search and received an email from the recruiter. Later she called me after few follow up and after discussing the salary and other information she schedule the telephonic interview and i was done with that. After clearning that they schedule half day interview with the team .. there was 5 rounds of the interview and i satisfied each and every one.

After 2 days i received a confirmation from the recruiter that i did well in the interview and she want to initiate the background check, which took about a week. After background check HR was missing for about a week and after one week she called me to discuss about the offer, we discussed the details about joining timelines and salary , she told me that she will talk to the hiring manager and get back to me with an offer.

For about one week she just disapper, after one week i sent here an email and she revert back that They are revising the offer for me. Till 1 week there was no communication i sent her 2 reminders but she didn't get back to me.

After 1 week i thought of sending a thank you note to the hiring manager to get the actual status of the job, I sent a nice email to hiring manager though linked in on satuday. After few hours i received a reply from the HR saying sorry that she couldn't get back to me and she mentioned that Offer is still getting revised.

On next monday i receive an emil from the HR saying that position is got cancelled and becuse of that they can't go further. I checked the job status online in their system and it was showing the job status as open.

I feel very low after that because it took exactly 2 months for this overall process and for 1 month they kept me hanging that they are revising the offer. (May be they were looking for some cheaper resource during that period.)

Interview Questions

• It was a very drill down interview and they asked question related to automation , rest full services, core java, and design questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer, Quality Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at eBay Enterprise in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received a response right away from a Talent Acquisition rep and setup a phone interview right away. The phone interview consisted of two software engineer developers running the interview which was weird since I was expecting someone with Quality Assurance Software testing experience to run the interview.

The interview was all Software Developer based questions (I'm not a developer, nor did the job description or my resume state ANYTHING about coding software only) . The interview done by the developers was also done on a speaker phone so the questions were muffled and had to be repeated due to the audio going in and out as a speaker would do. So basically the job description should had stated they were looking for a software developer not a QA Analyst software tester. One of the gentlemen interviewing actually admitted they were looking for someone that USED to be a developer and did nothing but coding. If that's the case put it in the description!

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at eBay Enterprise in May 2012.

Interview

Hiring is really competitive and be prepared for a case interview.
    Most of the questions were on the real world problem and how ecommerce can be utilised to bring a solution to them.

Interview Questions

• Sudden change in interview plan and you see that you have to face two more interview :)   Answer Question

E-commerce Copy Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at eBay Enterprise (Boston, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

I experienced two phone interviews with this company. They asked very relevant questions with no surprises. They were very friendly and attentive. The first interview was with one person, the second was a conference call with two hiring staff from the department I would have worked with. That's right, I didn't get the job. For some reason the company moved the position across the country. It's a shame really; I would have blown them away. Maybe next time...

Interview Questions

• There really was no difficult questions. Interviews are never fun. I imagine the feeling is mutual on both sides. I can say that my interview with eBay Enterprise less uncomfortable than most other interview experiences. I never interviewed in person.   Answer Question

Developer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at eBay Enterprise (San Jose, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

I went through 1 general with minimal technical phone screening interview followed by 2 more technical phone interview that involved writing data structure code. Then I had 6 on site deeply technical interview with team leads, managers and a director of QA and development teams. Given I never worked for ebay before, I thought I have provided good answers to questions (problems/issues they they were trying to solve internally at the time of my interview). According to my interviewers, they were impressed with the solutions I have provided them to a couple of problems they were saving. In fact, one of them told me that he would like to use the solution I gave to a problem to a problem they were facing. Overall, I felt it went really well. Few days later, the recruiter informed me that they couldn't make decisions and wanted me to go through a couple of interviews to find me a "better fit" in their organization. Then "a couple" turned to 5 more technical & brain teasers interviews over the phone with leads, managers and a director. Few days later my recruiter informed me that they decided to hire another person.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question I was asked is that, a search for a specific item returns results in which each result item has several attributes such as seller score ...etc. How do you know the attributes of each result is real users data. How can you trust the data when you don't have anything to compare or validate against?   Answer Question