eBay Enterprise Interview Questions | Glassdoor

eBay Enterprise Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.8

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at eBay Enterprise.

Interview

The recruiter never reached out during our set phone screen time, I had to email her to reschedule. After a second change in time due to another "meeting," she emails me at the time of our interview to inform me they have found a candidate. Wasted two weeks.

Interview Questions

• What time are you available to interview?   1 Answer

Interview

3 hour meeting with the CEO followed by six 1 hour interviews with his direct reports. Very in-depth, but comfortable rapport.

Interview Questions

• What was your most strategic contribution in a previous position that resulted in unprecedented business results   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered $25K less than I desired. I responded with my sincere interest in the job and the assurance that I would exceed expectations as I have proven in past leadership roles justifies my salary at $125K.

Buyer Interview

Interview

Had one interview during the start phase of the company

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at eBay Enterprise.

Interview

Several rounds of interviews, case style questions, as well as general behavioral stuff. Not any different from any other large, fortune 500 company interview process. Met with several people, at several levels, including the GM of the product, hiring manager, and future team members.

Software Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at eBay Enterprise in May 2014.

Interview

phone interview with human resourse, then online programming interview with an engineer, then onsite interview for almost a day with 4 sets of people. 2 people asking algorithm related questions asking to write in the board, then coding test, then lunch interview and then with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Creating an application for 5 Card Draw. Will be asked on site, to check for design pattern skill.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at eBay Enterprise.

Interview

I was contacted by Adecco (the staffing agency) the day after I applied. I was then instructed that I would have to drive an hour to meet with the staffing agency for an interview and I was sent e-mails where I filled out all of my payment and tax information (before the interview, mind you). I also had to take a few tests online to determine if I could problem solve, type fast, etc. I drove all the way to the in-person interview that lasted about 10 minutes. It wasn't even an interview then I was told someone from eBay Enterprise was going to call me for a phone interview. The interview was about five questions and very easy.

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions. They did ask how this position related to your future goals.   Answer Question

Affiliate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at eBay Enterprise (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

Initially received an email from a recruiter based out of NYC who quickly setup a phone interview to discuss availability for a second phone interview with the Team Leader. We briefly discussed salary to make sure they were able to meet my expectations. After interviewing briefly with the Team Leader, I was brought in to meet with the entire team to "make sure I'd be a good fit" which included 5 associates (1 of which was taking over as the initial Team Leader). Interview seemed to have gone pleasantly well although there were some questions that weren't necessarily job related, but gave me a sense of some of their personalities. I was surprised to receive such positive feedback directly from the team I was interviewing with. After all was said and done, I was told I'd hear back within the next couple of weeks AND... 2+ months later I've heard nothing. I emailed the recruiter about 4 weeks after my face to face interview just to follow up and make sure there's not anything else they needed for the decision making process. Again.. Nothing. eBay's sense of communication appears to be lacking.

Customer Service Interview

Interview

Initial interview was a digital one and was very cool. I loved the practice interview, it was very helpful, also the tips were great. They gave plenty of prep time after receiving each question.

Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eau Claire, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at eBay Enterprise (Eau Claire, WI) in January 2009.

Interview

GSI posted the position internally. It was for a position titled "Training Specialist II," which was responsible for creating training materials and assisting superior Training Specialists with preparation and training. Originally applied for the position in early December of 2008 and heard nothing of the position for over a month, at which point, I was pulled off the floor without notice towards the end of seasonal. In the moment, I actually thought my team lead was sending me off so they could officially end my seasonal employment now that Christmas was done. To my surprise, it was an interview for the Training Specialist II position I had applied for over a month prior (see recent review on GSI, in general, where I noted their utter lack of communication as one of the pitfalls).

During the interview, I was asked five questions off of a small 8.5"x5" template that, to me, seemed totally irrelevant to the position, with one exception, "rate your experience or skill level with Microsoft Office." In hindsight, I should have given myself a 4.5 out of 5 for overall skill level and knowledge; but, I was, in the moment, rating myself against experts and she was rating me against average users. Compared to average users, I know my way around most tech-related things, in general, well enough that average users think I'm a pro; but, I gave myself a 3.5 overall since my Access knowledge is presently non-existent and my Excel knowledge only slightly above average. She saw a 3 as practically ignorant, whereas I saw a 3 as practically proficient. She saw a 4 as minimally necessary and practically proficient, whereas I saw a 4 as an advanced novice. She saw a 5 as an advanced novice and I saw a five as a perfectly proficient programmer. After the interview, I tried for certification in Excel Fundamentals and passed with a percentile rank in the low 80's, so, as far as her scale goes, I should have given myself a 4.5 overall and a 4 on Excel, instead of the 3.5 and 3 I gave during the interview (respectively).

The interviewer was very kind and considerate of the fact that most people had no clue they were being interviewed. We had a good conversation about a similar work experience we both shared, and considering nearly a decade of experience on the floor, in management positions, in coaching and training positions, in contact center environments to go with my confident, outgoing, charismatic personality and take-prisoners work ethic, I thought I was a lock compared to the other folk I saw walk through the door. Alas, about a week before I was let go at the end of seasonal, I saw a small, meek, timid college student get the position due to seniority. GSI is a very, very cliquey place with a very, very broken atmosphere filled with people walking on eggshells wondering whether or not the whole management staff will be cleaned out again due to what has been, thus far, very poor financial performance outside the 4th quarter during this young company's short tenure. Understand that I'm not trying to bash on a former employer, I'm trying to shed light on the subtle details that I picked up on while I was there. There's a chance I may end up back at GSI again next seasonal, I'm certainly not opposed. And, I still believe the company and the business model have fantastic potential. That doesn't change my opinion about the lack of competence and quality decision making at the middle and upper management levels. There simply seems to be a lot of people at GSI who really don't have a clue what they're doing. And, their own knowledge of that fact shines through in the form of glaring insecurities, whispering buddies, and lots of eggshell walking. The job isn't difficult, but dealing with political animals who all feel like they're backed into a corner makes for some interesting entanglements!

Interview Questions

• List some obstacles that you've come across in life and tell me how you overcame them.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at eBay Enterprise in November 2010.

Interview

This is still on-going as it has taken three weeks of phone tag trying to get in touch with the HR department who insists they are "so far behind" with the seasonal hiring process. They seem very disorganized and could definitely use a seasonal hiring coordinator to make this a much smoother process and help both parties.