eBay Enterprise Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 17, 2017

2.8

Fraud Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at eBay Enterprise (Allentown, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

First step was interviewing over the phone with an HR representative who then decided if I should go on to speak over the phone with the head of the Fraud Risk Analyst division. If that went well, they ask you to come in to interview in person with a three person panel of employees and managers.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my knowledge of what the company did for businesses.   Answer Question

Business Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at eBay Enterprise (King of Prussia, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

Went through an initial phone interview with the recruiter that included scheduling a phone interview. Post the phone interview, it took almost 4 weeks to hear anything regarding next steps. Finally had an opportunity to meet with the team during my onsite interview. During said interview, I was required to present my findings on a sample data set to the team. Left feeling confident.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel is the most important aspect in analytical reporting?   1 Answer

Was offered the "absolute highest" that the team could do which is about 20% lower than the industry standard. When I attempted to negotiate, they rescinded the offer.

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at eBay Enterprise in November 2014.

Interview

Was hired through a temporary agency. Required previous customer service experience and computer skills, good interpersonal skills. Was to work on the global chat team and required good communication skills, multi-tasking ability.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of an experience of working through a difficult situation with a customer and how I handled the customer.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at eBay Enterprise (Melbourne, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

They first did a big group interview with one person to determine the vertical we would then do another interview for. Then, they split us into smaller groups to do a final interview for the vertical.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you dealt with a problem and how you worked through it.   Answer Question

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at eBay Enterprise (King of Prussia, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through the internet job search and received an email from the recruiter. Later she called me after few follow up and after discussing the salary and other information she schedule the telephonic interview and i was done with that. After clearning that they schedule half day interview with the team .. there was 5 rounds of the interview and i satisfied each and every one.

After 2 days i received a confirmation from the recruiter that i did well in the interview and she want to initiate the background check, which took about a week. After background check HR was missing for about a week and after one week she called me to discuss about the offer, we discussed the details about joining timelines and salary , she told me that she will talk to the hiring manager and get back to me with an offer.

For about one week she just disapper, after one week i sent here an email and she revert back that They are revising the offer for me. Till 1 week there was no communication i sent her 2 reminders but she didn't get back to me.

After 1 week i thought of sending a thank you note to the hiring manager to get the actual status of the job, I sent a nice email to hiring manager though linked in on satuday. After few hours i received a reply from the HR saying sorry that she couldn't get back to me and she mentioned that Offer is still getting revised.

On next monday i receive an emil from the HR saying that position is got cancelled and becuse of that they can't go further. I checked the job status online in their system and it was showing the job status as open.

I feel very low after that because it took exactly 2 months for this overall process and for 1 month they kept me hanging that they are revising the offer. (May be they were looking for some cheaper resource during that period.)

Interview Questions

• It was a very drill down interview and they asked question related to automation , rest full services, core java, and design questions.   Answer Question

Call Center Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at eBay Enterprise (Jacksonville, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

screened via agency; tested by agency in basic Word/ Customer service questions. If you've ever worked in customer service , you'll be fine. Don't try too hard. Two weeks of training with min passing scores required on tests. Training is 8 hrs a day for 2 weeks plus 2 breaks & lunch.

Software Engineer, Quality Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at eBay Enterprise in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received a response right away from a Talent Acquisition rep and setup a phone interview right away. The phone interview consisted of two software engineer developers running the interview which was weird since I was expecting someone with Quality Assurance Software testing experience to run the interview.

The interview was all Software Developer based questions (I'm not a developer, nor did the job description or my resume state ANYTHING about coding software only) . The interview done by the developers was also done on a speaker phone so the questions were muffled and had to be repeated due to the audio going in and out as a speaker would do. So basically the job description should had stated they were looking for a software developer not a QA Analyst software tester. One of the gentlemen interviewing actually admitted they were looking for someone that USED to be a developer and did nothing but coding. If that's the case put it in the description!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at eBay Enterprise.

Interview

Was contacted for a seasonal position, asked to come in the next day. The interview was strange they interviewed us 6 at a time and went around and asked us each "Tell me about a time you had a difficult customer and what you did" so it was a bit awkward to do this in a group setting. We then had to call a number and use a pin and sort of roleplay 3 different call scenarios. After this we were told they'd contact those who were to move forward by the end of the day. I received no call and shrugged it off until I got a call the next day and was asked to come in the following morning which I agreed to. This time there were 50+ people waiting for their 1st interview and the recruiter took us back in 2's for the high fashion positions, we were asked basic "tell me about a time" questions and to give details about ourselves. Upon finishing I was asked to stay and the person with me was told they'd be called - I was scheduled for orientation at that time.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about your area of opportunity" I haven't had a ton of jobs so this threw me as I have never heard the phrase before.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating they have plenty of people in line for your seat, you are able to pick shifts, days off etc assuming they aren't taken.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at eBay Enterprise.

Interview

I was contacted by Adecco (the staffing agency) the day after I applied. I was then instructed that I would have to drive an hour to meet with the staffing agency for an interview and I was sent e-mails where I filled out all of my payment and tax information (before the interview, mind you). I also had to take a few tests online to determine if I could problem solve, type fast, etc. I drove all the way to the in-person interview that lasted about 10 minutes. It wasn't even an interview then I was told someone from eBay Enterprise was going to call me for a phone interview. The interview was about five questions and very easy.

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions. They did ask how this position related to your future goals.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at eBay Enterprise (Melbourne, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied via the website and got a phone call the next day to setup an interview at the end of the week
    The interview was quite easy, just completed online assessments and background check before the day. Came in with my resume in hand and then got interviewed for the position.