eBay Enterprise Senior Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at eBay Enterprise (Melville, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

First there is a phone screen which is conducted by a internal recruiter. Once you make it through the phone screen the recruiter puts you in contact with the hiring manager. After you speak with the hiring manager they will either have you in for a group/panel interview or not call you back. There were 5 people on the panel who interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• What what kind of Project Management tools do you use?

What is the average project lifespan of the projects you oversee?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for eBay Enterprise

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at eBay Enterprise (King of Prussia, PA) in January 2010.

Interview

Most of the details were handled by a third party recruiter. To the level they could control things, I think it went pretty smoothly. The recruiter sent an exhaustive list of pre-interview questions. It took me hours to complete those. This list was clearly designed to be used in a live interview and not a mail based on the follow up questions in each section. Some of them made no sense based on how I answered part one. So by the end I was saying, "if you want the answer to this essay question, you will have to give me an interview." And I guess that worked, because I did get an interview. The first round of the interview was a series of one-on-one meetings with technical people who asked me tough questions. At the end of round one I met with the person who would be my manager. He said he liked my answers and offered me some of the free coffee they have, but I declined as I was exhausted from all the questions. I was selected to move to round two of the interview where I met with a VP and a consultant. I directly asked them to comment on the culture of the company. I got very limited information as you might expect. In any case, I was offered the job the next day and accepted. I asked for two weeks because I did not want to start immediately. They gave me the time I requested. Despite their knowing I would start in more than two weeks, they did not have a desk ready for me when I arrived. I camped out in a conference room while they built my cube. There was no training or preparation to speak of. I was left to figure out everything on my own. Unless you are very curious and tenacious, you will not be off to an easy start here. A colleague likened their onboarding process to waterboarding.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a question about unicode and multi-lingual character support.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Ask for the moon. Ask for $10K more than you want. You are very likely to get it as turn over is high and they are genearally desperate for employees.