eBay Front End Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer - Front End Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Standard process: Screening questions followed by Technical Phone Screen (Collabedit) followed by onsite interviews (5 interviews, 1 hour each).

All the interviewers were very polite and helpful. Questions are intended not to stump a candidate but to actually access the skills. I faltered on some implementations due to lack of coding preparedness (without an IDE - on whiteboard) and that may have cost me the position. Adequate coding practice and understanding of important concepts in JavaScript (Closure, Hoisting, etc.) can go a long way in helping crack onsite interviews. Although eBay did not make an offer, the overall experience was very good.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to sorting, inheritance, closures, event handling, html positioning and session storage, box model.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for eBay

Front End Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Got HR call through an open event conducted at the company. HR said the interview would be 90 mins and a virtual white board where there would be coding involved. The interviewer calls and asks basic questions regarding HTML (??) , JavaScript. I offer to show him some code samples of mine online but he refuses saying coding is only during in person interview( the HR said this interview will be particularly coding). It was like they were asking questions from some question bank. He hangs up after 30 mins saying someone will be calling me soon. I think its the HR but no, another interviewer calls me. He speaks almost the same way. Nothing about the company or what they do. He sees my code sample and asks me what use is of this. Both of them were using speakerphone so was very low (though the first interviewer rectified it midway). Later HR calls me and says I am not selected. That was expected.

Interview Questions

• How do you write a block in HTML   1 Answer
    • How would you position an object side by side   3 Answers
    • how would you attach an event to an object   3 Answers
    • How would you pick the middle element of a list   4 Answers