eBay Interview Questions | Glassdoor

eBay Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2017

3.1

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at eBay.

Interview

Initial phone screening which lasted around 45 minutes or so. Person I connected with was extremely personable and easy to keep the conversation flowing. Awaiting next steps (skype and in person)

Commercial Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at eBay (Draper, UT).

Interview

Applied online, recruiter emailed me to arrange a phone screening. Phone screening was short just wanted to know why ebay and why now. Phone screening recruiter contacted another recruiter who arranged a phone call with the hiring manager and then an onsite interview with hiring manager and team. Met individually with each member and at the end with hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit more about your background?, what are the main issues in a software commercial transaction?, how do you feel about working in a very open environment?   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at eBay (Portland, OR) in May 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by a Talent Acquisition Specialist who asked me a few general questions about my current job. She then sent me an 'exercise' to complete that involved using software that I had never used before. She asked that I return it as quickly as possible. I went out and got said software and completed the exercise (perhaps not to my best satisfaction). Three days later I got an email saying that they had decided to look at other candidates. No reasons were given...

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

phone, followed by onsite. Interviews were average, they don't have the courtesy to give feedback after spending 5 hours at interview. I did very well in all the interviews in fact.This is my worst experience with eBay.I don't' think i want to ever apply at eBay.

Interview Questions

• asked coding questions and design   2 Answers

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (Austin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview process consisted of a over the phone screening, typical questions such as "Why eBay?".
    About a week later was invited for a on site assessment that consisted of basic math skills, grammar, basic computer knowledge as well as the typical personality assessment.
    A few days later I was invited to a 1:1 interview with one of the team leaders, prior to the interview, I listened to a recorded call.
    I had to evaluate the call and share what went well and what could have been done better.
    After this, I listened to a live call, then proceeded to the 1:1 interview.
    Interview was STAR based type of questions, individual interviewing had a rather cold demeanor.
    After 3 or so questions, he did not even bother to go over the rest of the questions and asked if I had any questions for him.
    Not even 2 hours went by, and was quickly emailed that they are going with other candidates.
    Disappointing and I don't think I'll be bothering applying with this company again.

Interview Questions

• Describe a bad customer experience you've had and what would you have done differently?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, basic questions and then onsite interview with 4 interviewers one after the other. Once the interview was over (around 2pm), I checked my email and found out they sent me a rejection mail at noon. Good thing I did check my email during lunch

Data Scientist/Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at eBay.

Interview

2 Skype Interviews - These are technical challenges, it seems like it's up to your interviewer to come up with what he wants to ask.

1 On Site - Never made it to this stage.

Interview Questions

• Recommender systems, describe a DS project of interest, an opportunity to answer questions.   Answer Question

Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at eBay.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter and we talked on the phone for about 30 minutes about my experience. She was a very pleasant person and I enjoyed talking with her. She said she would send me a case study and that I would need to send it back within a few days, she also mentioned that she had sent this case study to several applicants and had not received it back. I received the case study and told her I would send it back to her, so I spent several hours (as it was a long assessment) working on it and sent it back to her. She didn't respond so I followed up the next day in case the attachments had cause the email to be blocked but I didn't receive an answer. A week later I got an automated email saying I was not being considered for the position.

I completely understand if they decided to move in a different direction but I consider a complete disrespect of my time to send me a long assessment to complete and not even get an email acknowledging the receipt.

CSIRT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Interview Process was extremely mess and lacked clarity. Most of the time the recruiters & schedulers were OOO and quite sluggish in their response. Interview got rescheduled couple of times and then an internal recruitment was made.
    Extremely unprofessional and annoying to be wasting a candidate's time. eBay - Sorry, your hiring process let you down. You lost your credibility!

Staff Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at eBay.

Interview

Got a call from hiring manager and discussed about half an hour on my skills, previous experience and day to day activities.

I was invited for onsite and had 4 rounds. Couple of rounds with senior engineers followed by director + product manager and then with hiring manager. I was again called in for onsite and had 3 more rounds. Thought I was almost there but was asked to talk to another manager at a different location.