eBay Interview Questions | Glassdoor

eBay Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2017

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at eBay in August 2016.

Interview

We talked about what ebay does and what are my responsibilities. Talked about my knowledge. They asked me some questions about frameworks and database skills of me. İ was difficult.

Interview Questions

• Do you know about hibernate caching   1 Answer

Global Shippment Program Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2016.

Interview

I got hired on to eBay on their Global Shipping Program as a specialist. I was taking multiple interviews since September 2016. I Got offered the job and quit my current job at Mrs. Fields as a Corporate Sales Executive to take this job. One week after starting, I got jumped for no reason and spent weeks in the hospital. They Were not ok with the unfortunate things that I could not randomly control. Their Loss

Negotiation

I like to play, blow up numbers, and I pretty know everyone in Utah. Lets play

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at eBay (Charlotte, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

I had attended two Phone Interviews. 1) HR call - questions regarding our behaviour and 2) Technical Call - Very deep conceptual questions. All the questions are related to algorithms. Very difficult for experienced persons to answer the questions.

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at eBay (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Arduous final "sprint" day based around a somewhat contrived development exercise.

Lets be clear, the bar is set very high at eBay for iOS developers. While eBay are perfectly justified in setting the bar as high as they like, they should pay developers the going daily rate if they are going to get people in for a whole day and be that stringent. It's only fair.

Final process feedback was useful, but I felt was unduly harsh and totally unforgiving of the pressure of an interview context.

Rockstars need not apply - it's superstars, or better, they are really looking for.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at eBay.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, longer phone interview with hiring manager, on-site interview with hiring manager and team members, brief skills test, long tour. I was introduced to the team and had the opportunity to ask as many questions as I wanted to.

Customer Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

Initial contact is HR, then hiring manager, cross-functional team members, 2nd round is to meet the VP and COO

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

two phone interviews, in person interview for 5 hours with multiple people.
    I would say, the in person interview was not scheduled properly, one of the interviewers didn show up at all and kept me waiting for one whole hour untill the person appeared and mentioned the they were not aware of the interview being scheduled.Also this is a quality position , though i was prepared for the basic programming questions few kept asking questions on data structures and algorithms....Honestly if that is the expectation , then i would expect the position to be for a developer.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at eBay in December 2010.

Interview

Was interviewed by 5 folks and then the HR interviewed

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was tough, they did not accept most demands

Analytics - MBA Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Had 3 rounds of interview. First round was a general resume walk through followed by a "on the fly" mini case . Later was given a take home case analysis. Once I had submitted the case analysis, I interviewed with some one else who gave a puzzle/brain teaser and asked me write SQL for calculating the click through rate.

Interview Questions

• Mini Case: eBay is getting complaints from customers that the site doesn't have enough product selection. To increase product selection eBay runs a promotion and decides to waiver the listing fees for all sellers. eBay's earns revenue from the listing fees and as a % of sales transaction and the bulk of revenue comes as a commission over sales transactions. The promotion instead of increasing the revenue results in a drop in revenue for eBay. Explain   3 Answers

Manager Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at eBay (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2012.

Interview

- Telephonic interview
    - 1:1
    - Rude interviewer
    - Did not even introduce himself properly
    - Overall felt that he was a nuisance and did not really like working at ebay
    - Type of questions asked during the interview sort of suggested that the interview was totally unstructured

Interview Questions

• - Asked very random questions e.g., how do you estimate the safe distance from shore given that there could be a tsunami? No data, no historical references, but provide an answer using math   1 Answer
    • General questions around Estimates and Modeling. But interviewer was not that confident.   Answer Question