eBay Interview Questions | Glassdoor

eBay Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2017

3.1

Summer Intern: Mobile Web Engineer Interview

Interview

I was contacted on behalf of the team leader by a hiring manager few weeks after my online application. I went through 2 rounds of interview, the 1st one was a half an hour phone interview with the team manager explaining his needs and requirements for the position and then inquiring about my work experience and knowledge in the field of web development. The 2nd interview was a technical one.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a few basic questions to judge my knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, php, javascript, etc.   Answer Question

Personal Seller Interview

Interview

Easy to use and pricing is fair. Would recommend over other places as most common household name.

Negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

One written test, 5 rounds of interview which included one round of HR
    Written test had two papers : One Coding and the other was math & reasoning.

Interview Questions

• Design a database for a given scenario. Expected to take care of all possible situations   Answer Question

Interview

I applied through a college career fair and online. After being contacted by a recruiter I had one 1 hour phone interview and a 2 hour onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Question asked will be specific to the team you are applying for. I was interviewing for a backend team and got asked a lot of simple sql questions.   Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at eBay in August 2012.

Interview

Worst Interview process
    -i was contacted for Front End Developer role at eBay mobile.

but during the interview, the hiring manager says i am looking for iOS developer, not a Front End.

He told he will co-ordniate with recruiter, and get me set in another team.

Even i emailed, called the recruiter, asking about the confusion, and he never bothered to reply back.

M1 Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at eBay.

Interview

5 rounds of interview and they told me I got selected and asked me to send all the necessary documents. But after that no communication. Worst response from the HR.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at eBay.

Interview

They come to campus. My interview is 9 am in the morning, and they were late. This made me mad. Without given a job description, they start the interview. I have around 4 year work experience, they ask me some binary operation.

Interview Questions

• Find the number of 1 or 0 in a binary formated int.   2 Answers

Paid Search Manager Interview

Interview

Mainly asked questions regarding SEM/SEO expertise, as well as eBay fee structure/business model. Interested in people with specific SEM backgrounds, as well as general analytical backgrounds.

Interview Questions

• There was a portion of the interview which involved sitting down at a computer and working on a spreadsheet, extracting insights, and putting together a recommendation.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at eBay.

Interview

There were 2 phone rounds which were semi technical and semi personal

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy and pretty fluid

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

all basic java question and problem solve

Interview Questions

• why super class assignment to subclass will give an error?   Answer Question