eBay Interview Questions | Glassdoor

eBay Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2017

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

telephonic then in-person i got rejected in telephonic itself . asked few questions about java and oops concepts and some coding question and one analytical question just asked how you will solve that in an optimized manner

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interviews, in-person interviews, walk around the office. Process was pretty good. Answering lots of questions and very open to feedback. Also helpful that we had lunch in the cafeteria.

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at eBay (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewed over the phone first then with the 4 people team in once room. They shared their roles and their experience then they asked me a series of marketing and UX questions to determine my skills.

Interview Questions

• How do you work in uncertainty?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at eBay.

Interview

Straightforward. one telephonic followed by an on site. Telephonic comprised of a few theoretical questions and one coding exercise. On site had 5 rounds of 45 minutes each along with a lunch interview.

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at eBay (Cupertino, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

A phone call with the recruiter, then another phone call with the hiring manager, then a screen phone call with the design manager. After that I got flown to the Bay Area for an in person interview, which consisted of a 1-hour presentation of my portfolio, and meeting about 6-7 people in 1-2-people group settings.

Interview Questions

• Thought process of designing a solution, working dynamics, challenges when designing, why ebay?   Answer Question

Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at eBay (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with 2 developers. The following day I was contacted by HR to go on-site for a 60-minute in-person interview. HR took almost a week to get back to me with a date and time for the interview.

The in-person interview started late as the interviewers could not find an open boardroom for the interview. We walked around the office for about 15 minutes before finding a free boardroom. The first part of the interview was with a senior front end developer and the manager of the developer group. They asked general get-to-know-you questions. Both interviewers told me that they just got back from vacation and had no idea that they were to interview me. They both said that they still had "vacation brain".

The second part of the interview was with 2 JavaScript developers. It was rushed as we now only had about 20 minutes to do a technical exercise. I was asked to wire up a react app to redux to render some data. I was thrown off, nervous, and under pressure due to the time constraints and the pressure of having 2 people watch every keystroke that I made. I got through it with coaching from the devs.
    I did not feel good about my chances after the interview. I have not heard back from HR.

Trust and Safety Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at eBay (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied on a Monday and the very first day I got a phone interview, i didn't hear from them for a few days, next Monday I got an invite for a face to face interview which last a few hours including one on one interview, group exercise, tests and then two days after interview I got the job offer and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Why ebay?, Overall Experience, targets and awards achieved in previous jobs.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at eBay (New York, NY).

Interview

Things moved very quickly. Questions are a combo of high level architecture/design & algorithms. Overall nothing leetcode hard/brainteasers. The onsite includes coding up a project and presenting it to the team.

Interview Questions

• Build a project (BE & FE) to crawl 3 search engines & aggregate results.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at eBay in August 2017.

Interview

It was quite usual and standard flow. After, a CV review, i was shortlisted and asked for a first phone interview round. We arranged a suitable time for both and go for it

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell us about yourself?
      2. What was your salary for the past 2 years?
      3. Why Ebay?
      4. Are you ready for relocation?
      5. Describe an usual marketing campaign?   Answer Question

TCC Team Mate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at eBay (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview and then called to Dublin for face to face interview. Applied online and received an email within a couple of days to schedule phone interview. Phone interview was general questions regarding experience and face to face interview was more in depth

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation whereby you had too many things to do and very little time on your shift?   1 Answer