eBay Interview Questions | Glassdoor

eBay Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

3.1

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lucknow (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at eBay (Lucknow (India)) in October 2015.

Interview

A group discussion among eight members followed by interview shortlisting for further rounds followed by two back to back very interesting interviews on data analytics, my interests, some data crunching and a few hr questions carefully strewn in between

Interview Questions

• My biggest problem in life and how i'm going about it   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at eBay.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by an in-house recruiter to take part in a 20 min phone interview. I was asked about my previews customer service roles and my key responsibilities. My current role and main responsibilities as well as my experience working in a team. All together it was a very positive experience and will try again in near future.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the time that you went the extra mile to help a customer.
      Tell me about your experience working in a team.
      Describe your current position and your key responsibilities?
      Answer Question

Member2Member Role Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at eBay in January 2017.

Interview

Interview was initially by phone then a follow up interview using the STAR method of interview. Interview was fairly relaxed and not highly formal. Face to face was great there were many percentage questions on the test

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions including tell us a negative situation you came up against and how you delt with it   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at eBay in August 2016.

Interview

We talked about what ebay does and what are my responsibilities. Talked about my knowledge. They asked me some questions about frameworks and database skills of me. İ was difficult.

Interview Questions

• Do you know about hibernate caching   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at eBay in November 2016.

Interview

Got an interview at the campus recruiting event. Passed the interview. Then talked to the HR on a phone call. Then passed a skype interview with a product manager, and finally failed at the second Skype interview with a senior product manager. No behaviorals, surprisingly. The first Skype interview asked about resume and basic pm questions. The second Skype interview was intense on PM questions, like what do you think of this eBay product, why was it designed that way, how would you improve it. Also got asked if I know any machine learning algorithm.

M2M Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at eBay in January 2017.

Interview

Interview was fine. I was told the order of the interview and assessment in advance by Vanessa but when I arrived, the schedule was different. No follow up from the interview, 2 weeks later. Trying to get feedback is a nightmare. Appears that they want to hire a certain personality.

Interview Questions

• Tell am about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I got employee referral and was called for first technicaln phone scree round. Interview asked me questions from leetcode. was fairly simple but with a lot of cross questions for the solution i provided

Interview Questions

• I signed an NDA, but was simple data structres questions can be found on leet code.   Answer Question

Senior Analytics Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at eBay (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

A stretched out process over 3 months.
    First was telephone call with hiring manager which was pretty straight forward and more about culture fit
    Second was : phone a competency based skype call with a technical lead. He was friendly and made the process less stressful
    Then final face2face half day interview with 7 people over 4 interviews with category managers, insight leads, team boss

Software EngineerML Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at eBay (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

The company contacted me from the career fair of the college. Was invited to an interview the next day. Got asked a couple of basic questions on algorithms and data structures. Got a call for the next interview later that day. Was asked concepts of Machine learning and scenerios were given and I was asked to apply best algorithms to get better results. Never heard from them again. No accept or reject. I mailed the interviewer asking for a status. No reply. 4 months have passed and I have given up on this company ever replying to me.

Interview Questions

• GIven a scenio of a online customer shopping, design DB and ML algos to output fancier and better choices to the user to attract them to buy more.   1 Answer

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at eBay (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

1 to 1 interview with hiring manager, followed by a second round interview with presentation. In the informal interview I discussed my work history and relevance to the company. Second interview was much tougher and unexpected.