eBay Interview Questions | Glassdoor

eBay Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2017

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at eBay (Bellevue, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Good talented engineers stay out of Bellevue office ! Very bad experience because of following reasons:
    1. Irresponsible recruiter - okay i should not blame the company because of one person. He sent wrong emails and had to send multiple emails for follow up
    2. Interviewers who take phone calls during whiteboard session- no professionalism
    3. very specific question from java to explain a library - i never got asked from my prior experience or got tested for problem solving skills
    4. No room booked for onsite interview and one interviewer joking said that you will see lot of similar problems if you join here in future and actual work you do is less.
    5. Lunch interview was fine. Interviewer was smart. But he asked me if i wanted to smoke. He smoked cigarettes asking me questions after we went to a burger place nearby.
    6. Another interviewer was totally unprepared. He was asking life questions. i take lot of interviews myself. So i can certainly say they were not behavioral questions.
    7. Two interviewers(one lunch interviewer and another bar riser) were very smart and asked good questions. Rest were poor interviews and did not test my skills. Questions were not related to job descriptions or my experience
    8. Finally, they never reimbursed my interview expenses after multiple followup emails.

I could get a sense of work culture, coworkers and what everyday looks like. I am not sure about other offices but Bellevue office looked like a bad place to work. I had other better offers and chose them.

Interview Questions

• cant disclose because of NDA but they were very straightforward.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst, Business Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for the job online and received a call from recruiter. The recruiter did a screening. After which she scheduled a round with 2 from the team,a phone call. I cleared this round and another round was scheduled which was said to be the final round. This round has 2 video calls. The first video call did not work out. So the interview continued on phone. This was with the hiring manager. I believe I did well in these interviews. But It has been a week I have not received a reply from recruiter despite sending 2 emails asking for status. The process was pretty fast till the final round. All the interviewers were nice.

Interview Questions

• Some case scenarios they encounter in the job and want to know how I would handle it ?   1 Answer

Merchant Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied directly on their site and was contacted about a week later. I was first phone screened by the HR recruiter. Two days later I was requested to do a phone interview with the hiring manager. We spoke about the hiring managers background and what the department was looking for in their new hire. I was then asked if I had any questions before we began the interviewed which was kind of weird since it's usually at the end. Anyway, most of the questions were straight forward and some behavioral questions. The overall experience with the interviewer was more of a conversation and when she wanted more details about my answer, there were subtle hints of like 'can you explain more' or 'can you go in more details'.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I got employee referral and was called for first technicaln phone scree round. Interview asked me questions from leetcode. was fairly simple but with a lot of cross questions for the solution i provided

Interview Questions

• I signed an NDA, but was simple data structres questions can be found on leet code.   Answer Question

Machine Learning Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

The team I interviewed with was wonderful. They have smart and kind people and are working on interesting problems. I think I would enjoy working there.

The internal recruiter was a disaster. They didn't respond quickly and pulled a last minute interview request. Thankfully, I was able to get more time on my other offer. When I asked for time from them to finish the last steps with a 3rd company, they hypocritically said no and bullied me with an exploding offer. I rejected the offer almost because of the aggressive recruiting process alone. Thinking about the entire process, I get the feeling the delays in the first half were all games.

There were two coding interviews with specific problems. The data science interviews did not consist of specific questions, but just asked about experience. There was a 2 hour data science task and short presentation afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Expected number of people that can sit on a row with N seats, but noone will sit next to each other.   1 Answer

Senior Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me with the job, had a quick call with the recruiter to understand my background.
    Phone screen - which was purely technical - questions around CSS specificity and to create a progress bar with multiple colors.
    Got a call for the onsite interview at their San Jose office - HAD THE WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!.
    There were 5 guys to interview me.
    1) Someone from the same team I was interviewing for - very knowledgeable and purely 100% technical and whiteboard coding.Very good experience
    2) A senior guy from a different team - tested on design principles and basic good practices.
    3)Manager for the team I was interviewing - took me out for lunch, but was not engaging and seemed to me that he was least interested to know me.I was talking to him all the time
    4)A senior guy who gave me a question and was in his own world sending emails or doing something - least interested in knowing what I did.
    5) The last person also who was very senior - it was 100% coding on the white board, we had an open discussion about various SPA architecture. He was very knowledgeable and had a great experience.
    6) I got an automated rejection email while I was interviewing with the last person - THAT WAS CRAZY!!

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I got first a quick phone screen with the University recruiter person, then I got an email to interview on site at the San Jose headquarters. The interview process on site lasted around 2 1/2 hours and it was very interesting. People there were very nice. I interviewed with around 10 more candidates. I had two different interviews with two Product Managers, and each one lasted around 45 minutes.

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Had two technical interviews over the phone and never heard back from the recruiter after that. I reached out to the recruiter several times for feedback and he kept telling me that the hiring team was not giving his any feedback. I wasn't really impressed with their interviewing process.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Phone screen was straightforward. The person didn't offer feedback until I had a finished solution which in the end turned out to be incorrect due to some missing cases.

HR Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

My manager interviewed me with a colleague who was also on the team. The asked me questions for about 45 minutes about my experience at my previous company with the job.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with / are you agile?   1 Answer