eBay Interview Questions | Glassdoor

eBay Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

3.1

Senior Software Engineer Front End Interview

Interview

it's a phone interview, coding on collaedit. Some tricky css questions, some basic Javascript questions, and the final one was finding the palindromes in a string. Ended with why eBay.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Overall took 4 weeks, very, very long! I was left with a filling that everything was done for a show. they had internal candidate and just needed to go through the process of interviewing external candidates to justify their internal hire.

Interview Questions

• Was given an assignment, asked to prepare presentation and deliver it for a group.   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at eBay (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviews were smooth. Good mix between computer science interviews and behavioral ones. First a phone screen with recruiter, then a phone call with algorithm questions. Then 2 skype interviews, focused on my specific domain of expertise. Finally, 3 interviews on-site. They were pretty quick to keep me up to date and give me feedback.

Software EngineerML Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at eBay (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

The company contacted me from the career fair of the college. Was invited to an interview the next day. Got asked a couple of basic questions on algorithms and data structures. Got a call for the next interview later that day. Was asked concepts of Machine learning and scenerios were given and I was asked to apply best algorithms to get better results. Never heard from them again. No accept or reject. I mailed the interviewer asking for a status. No reply. 4 months have passed and I have given up on this company ever replying to me.

Interview Questions

• GIven a scenio of a online customer shopping, design DB and ML algos to output fancier and better choices to the user to attract them to buy more.   1 Answer

Office Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at eBay.

Interview

The process was rather quick I was brought into the office and interviewed by a panel of 3 people. I don't mind that this was the process, but it would have been nice to walk in and not be blind sided by the entire situation. I heard back that same afternoon and got the job.

Member of Technical Staff I Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

There are four round of Skype interview. Interviewer ask multiple fields including system design, SQL, basic java program questions. In each round of interview, there will be one interview and the time is about 1 hour. They ask me some java program question like Dynamic programming, interface design. And also they ask me some background questions.

Interview Questions

• In the first round, interview let me to design a customer risk management system. And describe a machine learning algorithm that I am familiar with.   1 Answer

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at eBay (Brisbane, CA).

Interview

The interview process was relatively straightforward. There was a phone screen from the recruiter then a couple of weeks later, with the hiring manager. After the hiring manager call, I was invited for an in-person interview with four people - peer, superior, superior and hiring manager. I thought I was done, but then there was another round of four interviews after that (eight total).

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Some behavioral and company fit interviews followed by an impromptu case study presentation. The recruiters were extremely unprofessional with lapses between communication and when they finally sent me a schedule, it had another candidate's name on the agenda.

Frontend Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at eBay in July 2016.

Interview

I have been contacted by one of the eBay recruiters for front end position in one of the core eBay's team. I have been scheduled about five skype/phone interviews with the engineers of the team and the manager. All the coding questions were asked in collabedit.
    Most of the questions were on core javascript concepts, AJAX, benefits of employing client-side MVC frameworks

Interview Questions

• Briefing about FrontEnd experiences in previous projects.   1 Answer
    • Question on pairs with sum problem   Answer Question
    • JavaScript prototypes and inheritance
      Questions on JavaScript hoisting, local/global variables concepts
      Advantages of AngularJS and its disadvantages.
    • Design patterns in javascript - Singleton
      Question on JSONP
      Cons of AJAX based applications
      Answer Question
    • Asked to code on ES6 features- arrow functions , scoping etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me on LinkedIn. Phone screening with HR for 30mins. Skype and colabedit session with team laster for 75 mins. Interview was friendly. I had issues with my internet and he was accommodative enough to set session for later part of the day.

Interview Questions

• 1. Given an array of integers, every element appears twice except for one. Find that single one.

2. You are given two jugs with capacities x and y litres. There is an infinite amount of water supply available. You need to determine whether it is possible to measure exactly z litres using these two jugs.

If z liters of water is measurable, you must have z liters of water contained within one or both buckets by the end.

Operations allowed:

Fill any of the jugs completely with water.
      Empty any of the jugs.
      Pour water from one jug into another till the other jug is completely full or the first jug itself is empty.

3. closure, performance , SEO