eBay Interview Questions | Glassdoor

eBay Interview Questions

Updated Dec 5, 2017

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Phone screen was straightforward. The person didn't offer feedback until I had a finished solution which in the end turned out to be incorrect due to some missing cases.

HR Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

My manager interviewed me with a colleague who was also on the team. The asked me questions for about 45 minutes about my experience at my previous company with the job.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with / are you agile?   1 Answer

SDR2 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA).

Interview

tech phone interview, then the next day was told to schedule an on-site interview for following week. on-site interview has 5 rounds. Most questions are coding, db, sql and java knowledge.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at eBay.

Interview

Applied through a friend, hiring manager reached out soon to do a phone interview. After that was sent a take home case study, was given 24 hours to analyze some data then making one or two sliders to summarize the analysis. was invited on-site after the case, met 5 people, 4 in the analytics team one partner. Questions include sql, case studies, and regular behavioral questions. Overall experience very positive.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Process took one week. The interview was not to hard, very doable if you can think under pressure. They were very friendly and willing to help if stuck. Overall a good interview.

Interview Questions

• common data structure questions as well as behavioral. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I had to face 2 initial telephone screens, one by the hiring manager and the other by two team members, asking about current job experiences, few technical NLP questions (just intuitive explanations). Finally, they called me onsite.

Interview Questions

• Onsite interview consisted of one hour research presentation and six technical interviews comprising of questions related to Machine Learning as well as coding. For coding please refer Leetcode. Most of the problems were easy. 2 Easy level and 2 Medium level problems from Leetcode. Machine learning questions were specific to the role and also in general the most common techniques like PCA, SVM, Backpropagation, Hidden Markov Models, Viterbi Algorithm, etc.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at eBay in November 2016.

Interview

Got an interview at the campus recruiting event. Passed the interview. Then talked to the HR on a phone call. Then passed a skype interview with a product manager, and finally failed at the second Skype interview with a senior product manager. No behaviorals, surprisingly. The first Skype interview asked about resume and basic pm questions. The second Skype interview was intense on PM questions, like what do you think of this eBay product, why was it designed that way, how would you improve it. Also got asked if I know any machine learning algorithm.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I put my resume into a tech conference database and was contacted by eBay. First I was invited to take an online hackerrank challenge by recruiters. After a few weeks I got a call back to get an in person technical interview during the tech conference. I got a call with a job offer the next day! It took several weeks to get a specific team to offer me a position though, which I thought was odd.

Interview Questions

• Determine whether a list of parentheses "[()]{}...etc" are balanced or unbalanced.   2 Answers

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at eBay (Austin, TX).

Interview

Standard phone screening. In person interview involved a tour of the site and a short test listening to a sample phone call. Next was a one on one with a team lead. They basically read STAR type questions off a sheet of paper and wrote down your answers. Very impersonal

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

In-person interview with 5 team members. The first interviewer gave brief overview of the project the team is working on and started with background experience.
    The second and third interviewers were technical questions on my previous experience again.
    The fourth one was with manager over lunch.
    The final one was with another manager from some other team, also technical over process and inter-team communication skills.

Interview Questions

• 1. Write program to identify if two subnets collide.   Answer Question
    • 2. Write program to convert a BST to heap (such as the largest number is root, the second largest is to the left of root, the third largest to right of root and so on)   Answer Question