eBay Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 29, 2017

3.2

Senior Analytics Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at eBay (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

A stretched out process over 3 months.
    First was telephone call with hiring manager which was pretty straight forward and more about culture fit
    Second was : phone a competency based skype call with a technical lead. He was friendly and made the process less stressful
    Then final face2face half day interview with 7 people over 4 interviews with category managers, insight leads, team boss

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (London, England (UK)).

Interview

One interview with recruiter. One phone interview with eBay. Another interview face to face and then another interview face to face (these 2 were with future colleagues, peers).
    Long process, took almost a month.
    It was a very friendly environment and people were lovely ! However it was a bit weird that hiring manager / supervisor did not interview me, only peers.
    I was preparing a lot for those typical "how would you move Fuji mountain" but they did not ask that. Also, they did not ask anything about "how would you improve our website etc."

Interview Questions

• Why eBay ?
      and then situations: give example of failing a project; give example of effective vendors' and stakeholders' management; your most successful project etc.
      Describe your worst day / how will it look like ?
      Answer Question

Agile Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted by some HR person to set up a first technical interview. I interviewed with a Software Developer from Ebay, briefly discussed about the role, my skills and then a set of technical questions. He was also very interested of any XP/ TDD experience I may have. Did not go any further.

Interview Questions

• What is the connection between hashcode and equals methods in Java?
      What happens if you are working with a HashSet and override the hashcode method to always return some value?
      REST services: what is the difference between PUT and POST?
      Do you have experience with XP/ TDD?
      Answer Question

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at eBay (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Arduous final "sprint" day based around a somewhat contrived development exercise.

Lets be clear, the bar is set very high at eBay for iOS developers. While eBay are perfectly justified in setting the bar as high as they like, they should pay developers the going daily rate if they are going to get people in for a whole day and be that stringent. It's only fair.

Final process feedback was useful, but I felt was unduly harsh and totally unforgiving of the pressure of an interview context.

Rockstars need not apply - it's superstars, or better, they are really looking for.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at eBay (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

3 stage interviewing process - initial phone interview, then interview with four current employees, and finally an interview with the team director.

The overall hiring process is rather lengthy, but worth it if you feel the role is what you're looking for.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with multiple stakeholders who have different opinions on how to move forward with a campaign?   Answer Question
    • Why do you think you will fit in well at eBay?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Positive

Quarterly Campaign Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at eBay (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied directly on eBay. Talent acquisition wrote me requesting a face-2-face interview.
    Lovely manager interviewed me. Not difficult. Some experience based questions.
    Process involves 3-4 interviews and one presentation.
    Process still going on.

Interview Questions

• what is your strategy to deal with really difficult stakeholders?   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at eBay (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

1 to 1 interview with hiring manager, followed by a second round interview with presentation. In the informal interview I discussed my work history and relevance to the company. Second interview was much tougher and unexpected.

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at eBay (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview was done with two people in the room. They asked me to give them a quick overview of my career so far, then asked me to do an SQL test on the spot as well, which was a bit awkward as I wasn't informed that would be a part of the process and I had people actually watchingthe screen as I typed.
    After that they went into how I'd solve specific problems they are currently facing - some of them quite tough, but it was also an interesting conversaiton to have.
    All in all - nice people, parts of the interview were kind of tough, but nothing too unpleasant.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of a situation where you used modeling to improve a business process?   Answer Question

Senior IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

First step was phone interview it was an hour long after that they send me a coding exercise, which I develop in 5 hours (I thought doing it in short time would be plus point, which was my biggest mistake). App was to create a weather application using swift and MVC, I use different swift features to show my language capabilities and some test as well, I write few tests of different type like testing simple method, testing async method, testing with stub etc (to save some time).

And they like following things Good separation of concerns, Well documented code, Look'n'feel of the app, There are some passing tests implemented, Swift 2.0 error handling

They said following things can be improved more
    1. Test coverage, more use of compiler features, view controller methods are long should be broken down

Interview Questions

• Technical questions about iOS, Swift, Core data, JSON Parsing, testing etc   Answer Question

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at eBay (London, England (UK)) in May 2013.

Interview

Recruiter found me CV on a job board. I had a telephone conference interview with two people. It was a technical interview & it was pretty standard apart from few questions related to TDD. Being a graduate, I found it difficult to have knowledge about Test Driven Development. Other questions were straightforward including binary search, pass by value vs pass by reference & java related questions

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding Agile software development & TDD which I found unexpected as being a graduate I did not really have any experience in TDD.   Answer Question