eBay Marketing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 20, 2017

3.2

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Phone screen followed by 3 onsite interviews.

Phone screen was with a recruiter who actually helps you pair up with the best job profile available. Followed by that hiring manager and other interviewers test you on different aspects of your job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work experience
    Solve this business problem   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for eBay

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at eBay.

Interview

They were initially very responsive and set a phone interview, expressing urgency to try to get me on-site. I was asked to fill out a questionnaire and did so same day. Phone interview essentially asked same questions, was no more than 15 minutes. Followed-up a couple days later and was informed that they were not moving forward. Feedback was: The hiring manager thought there were better candidates in the pipeline. Did not agree with their assessment nor their opinion, feel that there were biases in play through misinterpretation of my experience and them digging into my private information.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe job & project
      Q: Tell us about your skills which are relevant to the position
      Q: Are you currently interviewing, with whom?
      Q: What was your salary for the past 2 years, what is your current salary?
      Q: What about the company attracts you?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at eBay in May 2014.

Interview

The phone screening lasted about 30 minutes, with the screener asking several off-the-wall questions about my personal life and interest. I also was asked several questions why I wanted to change careers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at eBay (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter, great conversation and quick to schedule follow up interview. Second round phone interview went well then radio silence.

Interview Questions

• Pretty basic interview format...background, most proud of, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

HR emailed regarding the next day interview. Since there was less than 24 hrs notice for the off-campus interview, I asked for clarification for the interview process. HR provided me incorrect information, claiming the interview would mostly be behavior/ fit questions. The interviewer called the next day and was at least 30 minutes late in calling. I emailed HR to figure out what had happened. When the interviewer called, he spent what felt like forever on describing the job. He only asked one question about my resume and it was not behavioral. What surprised me, especially considering time, is that he asked me a case question about Amazon and then asked me more technical questions about online loyalty marketing.

Interview Questions

• The question was tricky in the fact that it was technical to the job and I was not expecting a case question at all. It was about testing your understanding of how much online commerce data can be estimated of the competitor based directly on one online ad.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Most difficult and unrewarding interview that I have ever had. I spent an entire day at the office (7 interviews that lasted 45 minutes each).

eBay is a company of VERY smart people who don't particularly like their jobs. No one was enthusiastic about their roles and it seemed as if everyone was unsure of the direction of the company.

I thought I nailed the interviews - good background for the position, top school, etc... The bottom line, I don't think I was a fit with the team. Despite the fact that the role was client facing, everyone seemed pretty geeky. Anyways, it worked out because two weeks later I got a offer from Google.

I would stay away.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through an SQL query, several case problems, presentation   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in October 2008.

Interview

Probably one of the most taxing I've ever been through. I had a take-home skills test to do, and I went in for two rounds of in-person interviews and spent 3+ hours each time. I was asked to give a portfolio presentation to a room full of people -- a first for me in this type of position. All went well and I had a verbal offer, but the day before I was to receive the written offer, hiring was frozen.

Interview Questions

• Not a specific question, but being asked to defend my choices and reasoning on the take-home skills test.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in May 2008.

Interview

The interview started out very organized. The recruiter/HR department was courtegous and explained the position well. The phone interview with the hiring manager was good. Spent about 30 minutes going over the questions. The on-site interview was just ok and didn't give a good impression of the company culture.

Interview Questions

• If you had 10 million dollars to spend to market eBay, how would you spend it   1 Answer
    • How would you get existing members to become more active?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (London, England (UK)).

Interview

One interview with recruiter. One phone interview with eBay. Another interview face to face and then another interview face to face (these 2 were with future colleagues, peers).
    Long process, took almost a month.
    It was a very friendly environment and people were lovely ! However it was a bit weird that hiring manager / supervisor did not interview me, only peers.
    I was preparing a lot for those typical "how would you move Fuji mountain" but they did not ask that. Also, they did not ask anything about "how would you improve our website etc."

Interview Questions

• Why eBay ?
      and then situations: give example of failing a project; give example of effective vendors' and stakeholders' management; your most successful project etc.
      Describe your worst day / how will it look like ?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at eBay.

Interview

Hired from online contact, in particular from website. Classic interview process with questions from background, coursework, field project. more questions about me and my skills, how I developed them and what I would like to be in 10 years.
    arrange some question for the interviewer because you will need to do 1 or 2.

Interview Questions

• How you manage the weaknesses of a person in your group   Answer Question