eBay Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

3.2

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at eBay (Brisbane, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I got this onsite interview at eBay after a share screen coding interview. The onsite interview took 6 hours. I was asked questions about coding, machine learning algorithms, and my data science experience, as well as some open end questions.

Interview Questions

• Build a model to identify customers interested in receiving ad emails.
      Machine Learning questions like boosting, bagging and stacking and so on.   Answer Question

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at eBay (Brisbane, CA).

Interview

The interview process was relatively straightforward. There was a phone screen from the recruiter then a couple of weeks later, with the hiring manager. After the hiring manager call, I was invited for an in-person interview with four people - peer, superior, superior and hiring manager. I thought I was done, but then there was another round of four interviews after that (eight total).

Strategy and Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at eBay (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Process dragged on for months, kept being told I'd hear back and never did. Everything was positive, I think these are fake job postings and they're fishing for ideas. Suggestion? Don't bother.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at eBay (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied through my friend in eBay. I get reply from HR soon. It took 2 days to arrange a Skype interview. I am asked to do coding and explain some basic Java concept. He asked me to improve the algorithm a little bit and some normal chatting.

Interview Questions

• Multithreading questions, you can easily find these online.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (South San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I was introduced to eBay through a data science fellowship and was invited to interview in San Francisco after a 20 minute phone call describing the position. The position was to be based in NYC, where I live. The manager took care of booking all of the travel arrangements and agreed to pay for all expenses for the trip. However, I ended up having to cover the hotel and rental car, which I was told would be reimbursed after the interview.

The onsite interview consisted of 6 individual interviews, each lasting approximately 45 minutes. The first question I was asked before I even sat down was whether I would move to San Francisco for the position, when I made it clear during the phone screen that I was only interested in the position if it were based in New York.

The interviews ranged from behavioral and fit questions to problem solving questions. Most of the interviewers were a pleasure to speak with and were incredibly insightful. Here is a brief summary of the interviews, broken down:

(1) Case study on A/B testing email campaigns
         (2) Lunch interview covering the state of data science in the department
         (3) Coding challenges
         (4) Behavioral interview asking about my background
         (5) Machine Learning hypothetical analysis
         (6) Brain teaser questions

After the interview, I was asked to complete a take home coding challenge to discuss the following week. I was taking a redeye back to NY Friday evening and received an email asking me to complete the challenge by Sunday afternoon so the manager could discuss it with me on Monday. I completed the challenge by the deadline and received a reply late Sunday evening saying that the manger would follow up with me later in the week.

I never received a follow up on my challenge and have also not been reimbursed for my travels. It has been a month since my interview. I have contacted numerous people involved with setting up my interview and have been met with silence about my reimbursement. Another member of the fellowship has also had the same experience with eBay and is also owed money. All in all, I am out nearly $600 for agreeing to interview with the eBay Advertising Team.

Interview Questions

• What is the total length of all the roads in San Francisco?   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at eBay (Brisbane, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

One phone interview followed by three skype interviews over a period of 5 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Basic data structure questions, binary tree problems like lowest common ancestor, Java concepts on Hashmaps, Garbage collections, Heaps, Longest Common subsequence   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at eBay (San Francisco, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

The process was pretty straightforward. I applied online at their website and got a call from the recruiter Peter O' Neil in a couple of weeks. An interview was scheduled for 1 hr over the phone. Initially I was asked a bunch of knowledge-based qs related to arrays,hash tables,REST,JSon,Relational Databases etc.

Interview Questions

• I was given a class definition and function signature in Java and I had to define the function. I was told that we know how to read characters from a stream of input characters and my function had to return a line of characters from the input stream. Had to handle the corresponding errors.   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (Menlo Park, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

First round is a phone screen with HR. Typical walk me through your background questions. Second is a call with someone on the digital marketing team. Final round they flew me up to eBay headquarters and I met with seven people back-to-back, one interview was over lunch so it was pretty intense.

Interview Questions

• They showed me a recent email campaign on patio furniture and asked me to critique it.   Answer Question
    • They had me look at the landing page for some products and asked me what the call to action was.   Answer Question

Search Analytics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at eBay (San Francisco, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

Recruiter called me and scheduled an interview with the hiring manager

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   Answer Question
    • Case question on a hypothatical scenario of losing high revenue customers from ebay and how to get them back   Answer Question

I am waiting for the 2nd round of interviews

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at eBay (Brisbane, CA) in January 2008.

Interview

It was a pretty efficient process. I talked to the recruiter over the phone and she was able to set up another phone interview within a few days. I did not feel like it was a match for what I was looking for at that time but the interview process was pleasant overall. The recruiter followed up with me to update what was going on, I felt they treated their candidates with respect.

Interview Questions

• Since it was the 1st interview with the hiring manager, the questions were pretty general - walk thru experience and what you are looking for in your next job, etc. They were looking for someone with growth potential who can maybe take over the hiring manager's job someday, so they are definitely not just looking for someone who is experienced, but someone with potential to grow into a more senior role.   Answer Question