eBay Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

3.1

204 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Received a call from recruiter , had a word with her for 15 minutes and on-site interview was set up. 2 rounds of 45 minutes each. Both behavioral as well technical questions asked.

Interview Questions

• Memory allocation, java basics, Algorithm and Data structures.   Answer Question

QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

interviewed onsite at the eBay headquarter in SJ. The questions weren't too technically challenging; most of them were "what would you do . . . ", or "How would you test .. . " The interviewer was nice and engaging, and the atmosphere was laid back.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got call from HR 1 weeks later. had 1 hr skype technical interview . Was asked about the data structures and algorithms in java. 1 week later, got email from recruiter to have onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• SDLC related questions
      1. About test driven development java?
      2. Difference between CI&CD?
      3. Scrum master roles and responsibilities in agile?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a Phone interview, I had positive experience, I accepted the offer. But the result of the interview came out quite late. I finished my summer internship there.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotialte

Software QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I got a referral from an employee for the intern position. Recruiter calls me and talk about my background and area of interest. He was nice and to the point. After two days got an email from team member asking for an hour to interview me. She called 10 minutes late. She was kind and listening to me very carefully. Initially asked some question from my project and what is my area of interest. Asked couple of question. Due to time contractions, in the end, she was hurrying to give the answer.

Interview Questions

• Binary Search tree, some question from data structures, Object oriented questions, SQL query, some web technologies like why this, why not this?   1 Answer

Senior Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone screen- Basic algo of merging two sorted arrays and test cases on it. Nothing difficult. No known reason of not getting offer. Tried getting feedback but of no avail.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Multiple interviews, some about design patterns and common practices, some about front end technologies, some about algorithms, some about word problems, some about sales and marketing, some about my resume. Very specific to the team and work you will be doing at the company. Study hard and do online coding tests, plus practice making projects using similar technologies to the team you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• Find max consecutive sum in an array. Reverse engineer a complex page with CSS and Javascript.   Answer Question

Strategy and Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Interviews took place over 2 months. 3 over the phone interviews, 2 sets of onsite interviews. One full day, one half. After that they said they would get back to me in a couple of weeks. I received an automated rejection email 6 weeks later. I had figured that out when the recruiter didn't respond to my followup email after the allotted time. All in all, the process was handled unprofessionally and shows a lack of respect for a candidates time invested in the interview process. Will not be interviewing with this company again.

Ebay Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews with recruiter. Followed by in person interview with recruiter. In person interview with lead report. Once passed those, interview with a panel of 6 workmates of different disciplines. This was followed by a background check, and then temp to hire 4 week trial period. The panel asked a large cross-section of questions, with focus on past experience and how it would apply to current challenges facing the team.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult project you ever handled, and how did your management style bring the project to a successful close.   Answer Question

Content Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

First there were 2 phone screens where they asked you behavioral questions, why you wanted to work for ebay, how you would be a good fit to the role and to go through your resume. The third interview was an onsite interview where you have a group interview with the team and then separate one on one interviews with members from the team. Most of the questions were behavioral and explaining the role and one was they gave me 30 minutes to look at a site page and come up with things i would fix about it.