eBay Interview Questions in Seattle, WA | Glassdoor

eBay Interview Questions in Seattle, WA

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (Seattle, WA) in September 2014.

Interview

referred by my friend and firstly talked with recruiter about my skills and projects in school. two days later had two screen technical interviews (1 hour for each) with software engineers. some days later, arranged to have a Skype Loop Interview with engineers and manager.
    phone interviews were good, interviewers were pretty nice, patient and friendly. however, two interviews in loop interviews were really really arrogant.
    no matter what I said (during the coding, I was trying to express my idea about the question), he just said nothing and no response at all. and for the last 5 or 10 minutes, we talked about culture and position at eBay and also got some uncomfortable answers.
    3 days later, got a rejection email although I believed that I solved all the technical problems correctly. I have no idea why.

Interview Questions

• nothing unexpected, basic concepts about RESTful web service, data structure (hashtable and collision), algorithm and some coding challenges (tree, searching, array...)   1 Answer

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at eBay (Seattle, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

I was referred by an employee and contacted by their recruiter. My recruiter was one of the nicest people I have had the opportunity to work with. The entire process was so smooth and handled exceptionally well.

I was first contacted via email to setup an phone interview to discuss my likes and interests so the recruiter could decide which teams to forward my resume to. After this, I had 2 phone screens. There was an NDA about the questions but they are very straight forward and there were no ultra-difficult questions. All questions were simple discussions of algorithms and data structures. Make sure you know your basics extremely well. I mean extremely ! other than that, you're fine.

After these 2 interviews, I was asked to schedule a 5 hour back to back skype interview session. All the interviewers were extremely nice and the interviewing was great fun. Then ensured you were comfortable and allowed you to be creative and efficient. I was asked several questions about algorithms, data-structures and design. Make sure you know the basics of OOP design and you're comfortable deconstructing a problem to design a good solution.

After 4 interviews, my brain refused to work in the last one and I was unable to answer a very simple data structure question. Even my interviewer recognized I was probably tired after all the interviews and very patiently tried to help me out. In the end I was able to barely come up with the solution. After this, I was asked to take up one more skype interview and this one went very well.

I was contacted after about a week by the recruiter and they made an offer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Questions are very straight forward   1 Answer

Negotiation

The team was very happy and I was able to negotiate both my salary as well as my joining bonus. They are flexible and its always worth trying to get a raise.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (Seattle, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

After the prescreen interview with hr to check my background to see if match,I got an phone interview which has 3 rounds and with different engineer.The question is about data structure and algorithm,not too many programming language specifics.The problems are like this

1. Fibonacci numbers
    1 1 2 3 5 8 13 ...

2. two sum, do not need to deal with duplicate pairs

Interview Questions

• 1. Fibonacci numbers
      1 1 2 3 5 8 13 ...

2. two sum, do not need to deal with duplicate pairs   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (Seattle, WA) in March 2014.

Interview

Initially the recruited contacted me and scheduled a 30 minute phone screen. He asked me about my background and resume and noted down everything I said, and told me he would pass on these details to all hiring managers.

After a few days, I was scheduled for two technical phone screens on the same day - one hour each.

I was asked basic algorithm questions in both the interviews.

I solved the algorithm asked in the first interview within 20 minutes. But, he kept asking for other possible solutions. He accepted my initial solution to be the best approach, but still wanted me to identify other approaches. I would have suggested 5 or 6 approaches. He then asked the question #2 when there was just 5 minutes left.

The interviewer in the second call was in a high position, but hardly knew how to talk in an interview. She could not answer me a simple question I asked to her (about development methodologies the team used).

I received a rejection email within 3 days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. Implement a function that would accept two strings and check if one string is an anagram of the other.
      2. Given an array(list) of integers, write a function that would determine if the elements in the array can be divided into two parts each giving the same sum.
      3. Email address drop-down application. For example, when we type email address while composing an email, we get a drop down of suggested email address options starting with same letter(s). Write code to do this. (This was basically the implementation of trie data structure).   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (Seattle, WA) in March 2014.

Interview

Recruiter phone screening followed by 3 rounds of phone interviews. It was a satisfying experience end to end. I have added some of the questions below. I was really impressed with ebay and ebay was really impressed with me. It is a great company to work for and hence I took up the offer.

Interview Questions

• Design decision on a problem that eBay was trying to solve   Answer Question
    • Write a program to print a matrix forward diagonally?
      Ex:

2 4
      3 5 7
      6 8
      9   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation for interns. Pretty good initial offer.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (Seattle, WA) in January 2014.

Interview

few technical questions and pretty much like developer and coding questions. asked to design and algorithms and write code. there were couple of technical interviews. asked to write code on white boards

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at eBay (Seattle, WA).

Interview

The interview was for two hours. They asked about my resume. While I was telling them, they cut me short and went directly to technical questions. I am not a very good coder. So I was taking too long to answer. Hence got rejected. But prepare Cracking the coding interview completely before giving an eBay Interview.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (Seattle, WA) in July 2013.

Interview

interview was very similar process to Microsoft or Amazon -- large tech company. Typical routing through HR, set up of a 1 day or 2 day loop with multiple people and a final reviewer (as-app).

Negotiation

Negotiated with someone in HR. They knew what they were doing, and were willing to negotiate. I got some additional sign-on bonus, but was not able to get more vacation.

Intern Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Applied online, and contacted by an HR in two weeks. The first phone interview was a background screen with a manager. Followed with a second-round Skype interview with four interviewers from four teams. Both behavioral and technical questions were asked. Ask a lot about Linux and Hadoop.

Interview Questions

• In linux, how to search a string in a Gigabytes file and print that string in the terminal.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (Seattle, WA) in May 2013.

Interview

Interview process and setup was fast. First recruiter was going to be on vacation and hence my profile was sent to another recruiter from whom i received a call in less than a week. They were helpful in adjusting the interview dates as per my class schedules.

Interview Questions

• Questions around CS fundamentals, past projects and internship projects.   Answer Question