eBay Senior Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

eBay Senior Product Manager Interview Questions

Updated Dec 18, 2016

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Overall took 4 weeks, very, very long! I was left with a filling that everything was done for a show. they had internal candidate and just needed to go through the process of interviewing external candidates to justify their internal hire.

Interview Questions

• Was given an assignment, asked to prepare presentation and deliver it for a group.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for eBay

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Some behavioral and company fit interviews followed by an impromptu case study presentation. The recruiters were extremely unprofessional with lapses between communication and when they finally sent me a schedule, it had another candidate's name on the agenda.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Interview

interviewed with 10 persons from Product, Engineering and Architect teams one by one. Each session lasts for 45 minutes, as some team members are located remotely, there is also a video conference set up for that session.

Interview Questions

• mainly asked for your background, your understanding of the role you applied and how you behaves when facing conflicts   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at eBay (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

Had a friend submit my resume internally. Heard back within a week from a recruiter. What followed for the next 6-7 weeks was 1 HR interview, 1 in-person informational with the hiring manager, 5 more in-person interviews with the team over the next few weeks before a final round each with the hiring manager and VP. Was made an offer the next day after the final VP meeting.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, negotiation was mainly in terms of increasing the 'equity make good'. No room for base pay or level bump negotiations

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Saw an ad on linkedin, followed up, was contacted within a week.
    Had a round of phone interviews a week later.
    Onsite Interview two weeks later.
    Had an offer extended to me two weeks after that.
    Negotiated to higher grade level

Interview Questions

• Interview panel is a random crap shoot as they rely on the hiring manager to suggest folks who can interview you. If any of them are unavailable or in need of substitute, they grab anyone really.

With that said, no guideline when it comes to interview questions, if you know your stuff and show vision you'll have a good chance. Really can't fake this.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

My advice is, find out what grade level you are offered the job at, and try to get one level higher if possible. Between 23-25 this may be possible, any higher I doubt you can.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Interview

I submitted a resume online, and received a callback from the internal recruiter.
    Overall the process was very professional, and the people are very personable and genuine.
    The recruiter wanted to make sure I was really going to relocate to the Bay Area.
    Next was a phone interview with the hiring manager. That focused on clarifying my experience and how it was relevant.
    Next after a few weeks (due to scheduling) I went onsite for a day of interviews - five meeting total.

Interview Questions

• Best question was "what work accomplishment are you most proud and why"?   Answer Question

Not enough in the offer to justify relocation. Be sure when looking at Bay Area (if you are not already there) the real cost of living, relative to the offer (which may look rich at first).

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

Three rounds, 5-6 people each. In person in San Jose campus. Recruiter reached out first with standard questions. Everyone was friendly, no games. Very customer focused questions. People should be absolutely sure to have used the site to be able to speak to it as a customer. Should be able to express passion for the space and role

Interview Questions

• What are three things we could do better in terms of our customer experience? What would you do?   Answer Question
    • How would you think about trade offs in our advertising and standard shopping experiences?   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Netanya (Israel)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at eBay (Netanya (Israel)) in December 2016.

Interview

Initial Phone interview with recruiting manager. Following by a schedule of F2F meeting that includes oral discussion and written case study. It took 2 hours in total. I did not completed the full case study so we did it orally and I sent the final document later that eve

Interview Questions

• Real eBay product problem - what data you need to try and understand why the problem exist, how to solve it, what will ask for, how will you solve and improve the product.   Answer Question
    • What is the challenge when changing for the support personnel the system they are working with?   Answer Question
    • Case study on what's up new feature based on feedback from users, that complain that messages that were sent to wrong group or wrong message cannot fix the wrong sending.
      Write the need, how will you understand what is the right feature, user stories, mvp - minimal valuable product, metrics to measure the feature success, how to test it and what to test
      Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at eBay (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

The recruiter called me to have a chat and fixed a Skype call with the hiring manager on a particular date and time. A day before the scheduled Skype call, I was called by another recruiter to fix a face-to-face interview the following week. I waited for the Skype call as scheduled, but got no call at all. There were frantic emails from another recruiter asking if I am on call and things like that. After that nothing happened at all. I proceeded to the face to face interview the following week. That did happen as scheduled without any reference to why the Skype call never happened. The interviewer's only main questions were around Scrum and arguing why the Scrum that eBay followed was "perfect" (I am an Agile practitioner for several years and hence my answers could not have been lame). It could not have got any more shallower than that for an interview for something as strategic as Product Manager.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between Scrum Master and Product Owner?   Answer Question
    • Who makes technical decision in a Scrum team?   Answer Question
    • Describe a scenario where you had cross-functional conflict   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at eBay in June 2012.

Interview

Applied to position via employee referral and got a response from the recruiter within a week. Had 3 phone interviews - first with recdruiter, then with the hiring manager and finally with the hiring manager's manager. However, after the phone interviews, I had to repeatedly contact the recruiter several times to know the outcome. I was told that the recruiter was away on vacation and eventually the recruiter informed me of the outcome.