eBay Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

eBay Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Phone screen was straightforward. The person didn't offer feedback until I had a finished solution which in the end turned out to be incorrect due to some missing cases.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for eBay

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Process took one week. The interview was not to hard, very doable if you can think under pressure. They were very friendly and willing to help if stuck. Overall a good interview.

Interview Questions

• common data structure questions as well as behavioral. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I put my resume into a tech conference database and was contacted by eBay. First I was invited to take an online hackerrank challenge by recruiters. After a few weeks I got a call back to get an in person technical interview during the tech conference. I got a call with a job offer the next day! It took several weeks to get a specific team to offer me a position though, which I thought was odd.

Interview Questions

• Determine whether a list of parentheses "[()]{}...etc" are balanced or unbalanced.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me on LinkedIn. Phone screening with HR for 30mins. Skype and colabedit session with team laster for 75 mins. Interview was friendly. I had issues with my internet and he was accommodative enough to set session for later part of the day.

Interview Questions

• 1. Given an array of integers, every element appears twice except for one. Find that single one.

2. You are given two jugs with capacities x and y litres. There is an infinite amount of water supply available. You need to determine whether it is possible to measure exactly z litres using these two jugs.

If z liters of water is measurable, you must have z liters of water contained within one or both buckets by the end.

Operations allowed:

Fill any of the jugs completely with water.
      Empty any of the jugs.
      Pour water from one jug into another till the other jug is completely full or the first jug itself is empty.

3. closure, performance , SEO
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got call from HR 2 weeks later. 1 week later, had 1 hr skype technical interview . Was asked about tree implementation and array question. 1 week later, got email from recruiter to have onsite interview. 2 weeks, onsite interview was scheduled. 6 back to back 45 mins interview rounds. Overall, process was nice. Didn't do well for 1 of the interview.

Interview Questions

• 1st round:
      1. How to uniquely identify the repeating strings from the array.
      2. How to search in Skiplist
      2nd round:
      1. BinarySearch
      2. How to write Customized Comparator
      3. Anagrams
      3rd round:
      Lunch with tech manager and find maximum sub array
      4th round:
      5. Queue using stack
      6. Reverse the sentence
      3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at eBay.

Interview

I received email after a career fair. Replied, but no response in a week. Replied again, and finally setting up an initial phone screen. After the phone screen the recruiter said she will contact me soon, then there is no response in two weeks..

Application

Interview

Applied online and be contacted by the recruiter in two days. First round is 45min phone interview. It includes one simple question and some basic Javascript question. After two weeks, they give me an onsite interview. There are five rounds. Each round will ask some simple algorithms and data structure question.

Interview Questions

• Can you implement a stack?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at eBay (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied through my friend in eBay. I get reply from HR soon. It took 2 days to arrange a Skype interview. I am asked to do coding and explain some basic Java concept. He asked me to improve the algorithm a little bit and some normal chatting.

Interview Questions

• Multithreading questions, you can easily find these online.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at eBay (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interviewer seems out of date and it showed during the interview. He was not familiar with collabedit and had trouble setting it up. He even accidentally rebooted his computer during the interview. For 10 minutes, I had to explain code that he could not see.

Also, the interview sounded like he picked a random question and did not really think about a solution. And he kept changing the requirements throughout the interview.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Received a call from recruiter , had a word with her for 15 minutes and on-site interview was set up. 2 rounds of 45 minutes each. Both behavioral as well technical questions asked.

Interview Questions

• Memory allocation, java basics, Algorithm and Data structures.   Answer Question