eBay Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

eBay Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at eBay in October 2015.

Interview

Talked with a recruiter at career fair. 3 days later I received phone interview invitation. The phone interview was only 1 round. I was asked to solve an easy algorithm problem on coderpad. The onsite interview was out of expectation. No algorithm, no resume question, no behavior question. All was about system design.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for eBay

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Very pleasant, and genuinely enjoyed talking to my hiring manager. Actually, it was surprisingly non-technical considering the role I was interviewing for. Mainly just background and personality questions to get a feel for culture fit I guess.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at eBay in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and after a month I received call from a recruiter who then scheduled my phone interview. Interviewer was nice and was helping me break the problem into pieces. Towards the end he also discussed some practices that are followed at the company.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to determine if two rectangles overlap. Question was actually easy but I wasn't in right frame of mind and couldn't solve it in given time. Discuss Java collections.   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at eBay.

Interview

I apply on line and get a phone interview. The interviewer was 30 minutes late and only interview me about 5 minutes, just asking some simple question about my resume. And then I get rejected next day.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at eBay in March 2015.

Interview

Process took 3 weeks. I applied online and got an email from one of the recruiters. She set me up for a technical phone interview.

It started off with few basic java questions for 10 minutes followed by a Tree question that I had to code in collabedit.

Interview Questions

• How are values passed in Java? By value or by reference?   2 Answers
    • What is the difference between a set and a map? Can you place a set inside a map?   1 Answer
    • Find the Least common ancestor for two given nodes in a tree.
      I solved this question using double recursion but the interviewer was expecting me to solve it in a better way.
      2 Answers
    • How do you check if a string is palindrome or not?   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at eBay.

Interview

First round on campus interview, one technical question. The interviewer asked me to design two functions that implement auto prediction feature when user input a few letters in search box.

Interview Questions

• Really focus on what data structure you use and the time/space complexity.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at eBay in February 2015.

Interview

First got HR call then after around one week my interview got scheduled. The Interview was for about 1 hour. He asked me projects which were listed on resume. Then he asked me some technical questions regarding OOPS concepts etc. He also asked behavioral questions regarding my work experience etc. He was very friendly. Asked me about MVC architecture breifly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about MVC architecture?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at eBay (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Got an email with a coding doc that I had to match the output with within a certain amount of time. Completed 2/3 of them but didn't finish the last question which was adding 2 fractions. No phone interview about how I am, just a coding challenge I guess to filter the applicants further after seeing their resume.

Interview Questions

• To remove every multiple i, j, k ..... elements from a list.
      To add 2 fractions and reduce it to the simplest form
      Another question I couldnt remember but it was easy
      4 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at eBay in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online and contacted by a recruiter. Just passed the first round phone interview with team manager, and received second interview invitation one week later. The second round is scheduled next week.

Interview Questions

• A few questions about resume, coding question: find the lowest common ancestor of two nodes in a binary tree   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at eBay in January 2015.

Interview

Connected with recruiter. Was supposed to have a 30 minute phone interview, but ended up in a 45 minute interview with a senior engineer who started rapidly firing off questions in an online doc sharing website. Heard back 3 weeks later saying I got it. Rate was initially low, but I was able to negotiate it to a number I was happy with.

Interview Questions

• Convert a string to an integer, and some jQuery commands. Not bad.   2 Answers

Negotiation

Was given a low-end rate, but was able to negotiate 30% raise since I had some leverage.