eBay Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 6, 2017

2.9

97 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at eBay.

Interview

I received email after a career fair. Replied, but no response in a week. Replied again, and finally setting up an initial phone screen. After the phone screen the recruiter said she will contact me soon, then there is no response in two weeks..

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for eBay

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online and be contacted by the recruiter in two days. First round is 45min phone interview. It includes one simple question and some basic Javascript question. After two weeks, they give me an onsite interview. There are five rounds. Each round will ask some simple algorithms and data structure question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at eBay (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied through my friend in eBay. I get reply from HR soon. It took 2 days to arrange a Skype interview. I am asked to do coding and explain some basic Java concept. He asked me to improve the algorithm a little bit and some normal chatting.

Interview Questions

• Multithreading questions, you can easily find these online.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at eBay (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interviewer seems out of date and it showed during the interview. He was not familiar with collabedit and had trouble setting it up. He even accidentally rebooted his computer during the interview. For 10 minutes, I had to explain code that he could not see.

Also, the interview sounded like he picked a random question and did not really think about a solution. And he kept changing the requirements throughout the interview.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Received a call from recruiter , had a word with her for 15 minutes and on-site interview was set up. 2 rounds of 45 minutes each. Both behavioral as well technical questions asked.

Interview Questions

• Memory allocation, java basics, Algorithm and Data structures.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at eBay in October 2015.

Interview

Talked with a recruiter at career fair. 3 days later I received phone interview invitation. The phone interview was only 1 round. I was asked to solve an easy algorithm problem on coderpad. The onsite interview was out of expectation. No algorithm, no resume question, no behavior question. All was about system design.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Very pleasant, and genuinely enjoyed talking to my hiring manager. Actually, it was surprisingly non-technical considering the role I was interviewing for. Mainly just background and personality questions to get a feel for culture fit I guess.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at eBay in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and after a month I received call from a recruiter who then scheduled my phone interview. Interviewer was nice and was helping me break the problem into pieces. Towards the end he also discussed some practices that are followed at the company.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to determine if two rectangles overlap. Question was actually easy but I wasn't in right frame of mind and couldn't solve it in given time. Discuss Java collections.   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at eBay.

Interview

I apply on line and get a phone interview. The interviewer was 30 minutes late and only interview me about 5 minutes, just asking some simple question about my resume. And then I get rejected next day.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at eBay in March 2015.

Interview

Process took 3 weeks. I applied online and got an email from one of the recruiters. She set me up for a technical phone interview.

It started off with few basic java questions for 10 minutes followed by a Tree question that I had to code in collabedit.

Interview Questions

• How are values passed in Java? By value or by reference?   2 Answers
    • What is the difference between a set and a map? Can you place a set inside a map?   1 Answer
    • Find the Least common ancestor for two given nodes in a tree.
      I solved this question using double recursion but the interviewer was expecting me to solve it in a better way.   2 Answers
    • How do you check if a string is palindrome or not?   2 Answers