eGain Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

eGain Software Engineer Interview Questions

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at eGain (Sunnyvale, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

No phone interview. Only on-site interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for eGain

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at eGain (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

I was referred to eGain through a non-profit employment agency.

The first step was an e-mail questionnaire with the "classic" questions: describe my previous project, how I dealt with difficult situations, my desired compensation and why I would be a good candidate.

This was followed by an on-site interview with what was supposed to be three people. The first was an engineer who asked me a few technical questions; I don't remember much about them, except they weren't too difficult. Next up was a systems architect who asked me how I'd design the infrastructure for a large-scale web service. The interview ended early because the third person, the VP, was not able to come that day.

Although I felt things went fairly well, I did not hear from the company since. I e-mailed them a week later to inquire about my status, and only then was I told they would not be moving forward.

Interview Questions

• How I would design the infrastructure for a large-scale web application.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at eGain (Pune (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process started with a written test. The question were on core java, english language proficiency and a small essay writing. After clearing the written test, the next round was F2F. Mostly scenario based questions were asked.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The whole process has three rounds - ppt, written test and interview. We were around 200 students. After the written test 25 were selected. Written test included average aptitude questions. Interview was again apti and HR , no technical was asked.

Interview Questions

• I am a civil engineer so they asked me why I wished to be a Soft Engg.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at eGain (Pune (India)) in June 2013.

Interview

Online applied through referral....30 qns 20 mins..tough ones. above 15 seemed cutoff

Interview Questions

• If you are not from a CS/IT background they wil ask you questions to make sure you are interested in the course   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at eGain (Noida (India)) in January 2012.

Interview

First round consists of an Aptitude Round (multi choice consists of Java and SQL)
    Second round consists of Technical Round
    final is the HR round. They might take sometime to offer you the position. I was offered the position after 7 days or so.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at eGain (Pune (India)) in February 2011.

Interview

There was in total of 4 rounds of interview 1 telephonic and 3 face to face. Telephonic round was for around 45 mins and consisted of some basic and few industry problems. After clearing the telephonic round i was called upon pune office for face to face interview, here 3 rounds happened and then HR. The total duration of the interviews lasted for around 4 hours which consisted of some in depth questions on Core Java, How application servers behave in certain situations and a detailed designing problem.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at eGain (Pune (India)) in November 2010.

Interview

The Interview had a written round with technical and analogical sections. It was followed by oral round of technical interview by a senior tech-lead and the team manager. The oral interview was not much on theoretical details of the programming language but at a conceptual level. This is the reason I accepted the offer to join eGain. In most other companies in IT the interviews are mostly about digging dip into theories and skipping the much essential ability to solve problems, which is what software development is all about.

I am about to complete a year in eGain and I am fully satisfied by everything I can imagine, be it work culture. the quality of projects, the policies, and learning I had and the mentoring I got! It's a great place to work!

Interview Questions

• How to find a number in a array which is repeated?   3 Answers

Negotiation

NA