Electrician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Electrician Interview Questions

"At an interview for a position as an electrician, you may be asked about your formal training experience, projects you have worked on in the past, and your personal business practices. The interviewer will try to gain an idea of your competency with various electrician jobs and your ability to adhere to proper safety requirements. To work as an electrician, you must complete an electrician apprenticeship and receive a license to work in your area. Licensing requirements vary by state."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

Do you have experience with programable computer logic (PCL) installation and repair.

1 Answer

No, 90 % of my experience was in residential as opposed to industrial electrical work, but I was very adaptable and willing to learn.

My experience with what types of electrical systems.

1 Answer

How much experience do yo have?

1 Answer

Am I able to come to work daily and be a productive employee?

2 Answers

They ask vague questions and let you answer them as you see fit, you will not get any feedback or emotion out of the hiring managers they will let you ramble on. Some questions were: Describe a typical day at your current job. Why should we hire you? why do you want this job? What would you do if you saw an employee violating a safety rule?

1 Answer

Intensive specific questions on transistor theory, thermal dynamics , capacitance storage calculations. Resistance and OSHA Safety practices. Symbol identification and blue print reading. Piping constraints and termination practices and methodology for high voltage.

1 Answer

What did I think of back-wired receptacles. He asked about neatness on the job.

Are you willing to go offshore for 30+ if required

1 Answer

Can you take orders from people younger than you

no, just slow and long