Engineer Quality Assurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Engineer Quality Assurance Interview Questions

Engineer quality assurance interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Hypothetical question: you have a team of ten software developers that have worked on a product for 5 years. They now have to develop a new version of this application but only have 3 months to develop and test it. What would the QA estimate be?

2 Answers

This was my favorite question as it completely illustrated how bad these guys were at interviewing. I began to ask the manager that asked the question for more information and he snapped back at me " You have all the information you need!" Really? He might as well have asked me how much it costs to build a house. Because the answer would be the same - "I need more info and detail in order to give you my estimate". Any QA worth their salt will asks tons of questions in order to understand what it is they are working on. In the end I told the panel that if I had worked on the product or similar products I would base my estimate on prior experience. If I had no prior experience I would research historical metrics from similar projects and also discuss those historical project actual development/test hours with other QA and developers to come up with an estimate.

I said "Rather than answering with the standard 'I will need more information' 'lets make it less hypothetical. "'Before I can give you an answer I will need to gather more information from your people'. This gives the interviewer an out when they don't have any additional information, and you the chance to get the information you need" Converting from 'Hypothetical' to 'Real' helped make my answer stand out from other candidates. It also made it harder for the interviewer to return with the Hypothetical "you have all the information you need"

If you had a great idea to implement something new for a CA software product but management wouldn't take your word on it, how would you convince management to go along with your idea?

1 Answer

3 person in a room, try to figure out a way to find out their average salaries without knowing others' salaries.

3 Answers

Reverse a string

5 Answers

What is the most creative thing you have ever done? Also the usual 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses. I always hate that question.

1 Answer

Wanted to know what I had studied in college as a BS Computer Information systems major. Inquired extensively about my experience and skills with my internship job at a major telecom company.

1 Answer

How do you install build on iPhone

1 Answer

Describe a project I had in school and what were my roles in the group

1 Answer

Did I ever have to deal with the changing of plans during a project?

1 Answer

Something similar to: You have 7 baskets and 15 eggs. How many ways can you put the eggs in the baskets? Eggs must be grouped in odd numbers.

110 of 363 Interview Questions