Engineering Systems Administrator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Engineering Systems Administrator Interview Questions

Engineering systems administrator interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How do you handle irate clients that are having technical trobules and need to work immediately.

3 Answers

Refrain from using technical jargon when explaining technical problems and solutions to clients and speak confidently.

Approach the situation with 'we' working on the issue. Know that your are there to help solve this and act towards that, being calm and accurate towards solution. Even if the solution is that you will have to find out more and have to return to solve this issue.

Ask for the ip address, then ask if it is an on or near-air emergency. Ask for the symptoms and if others are experiencing the same problem. If no one else is then have them jump on another pc if possible/feasible. Remote into the pc or tx the ip to the relevant trouble-shooter.

What do you think your salary should be?

1 Answer

Where do you see your self in 5 years?

1 Answer

They asked me if I had ever worked in a Industrial Plant - even though my positions supposedly didn't have anything to do with that side of the business...

1 Answer

I don't recall being asked any difficult or unexpected questions. Having done many interviews I answered as honestly and correctly as possible, even if I didn't have answers at the time. I indicated that I am very resourceful and tenacious, and find solutions to problems presented.

I had three rounds of interviews that were from easy to more in-depth.

General knowledge questions. Nothing tricky. What is NSLOOKUP, TCP/IP general knowledge, ports, TCP vs UDP, etc.