English Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

English Teacher Interview Questions

English teacher interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

1. What would you do if a student was disruptive during a lesson? 2. How would you adjust curriculum to be inclusive of students with special needs? 3. What kind of warm-up exercises would you assign at the beginning of each class?

1 Answer

1. I said I would write the disruptive student's name on the board, with one check next to the name. I would remind the student that if he/she gets two more checks, I will send him/her to the Principal's Office. If the student then called me a name or was even more disruptive, I would send him/her to the office immediately, and follow up with a written description of the event. 2. One way to be inclusive is to assign group projects that require 4 or 5 kinds of information -- written, graphic, computer-generated, and a presentation before the class. This naturally provides avenues of achievement for kids who have different talents and limits -- for example, kids with ADD do better with hands-on projects and computer research. Traditional learning style kids enjoy writing assignments and giving speeches or talks before the class. 3. Studies show giving small warm-ups to kids as they come in helps them to settle in and listen. I like to have a few questions on the board, to be copied and answered during class. then they turn these in at end of class. This piques their curiosity about the day's lesson, guides their focus in class to get the answers, and gives me an easily achieved extra grade to boost scores.

Why are you qualified to work with low-income students?

1 Answer

Also how do you communicate with parents and students but still make it so the student is independent and growing?

1 Answer

How do you differentiate your lessons?

1 Answer

How would you handle classroom management?

1 Answer

May I ask why you are not wearing a suit today?

2 Answers

How the word "alot" is misspelled.

1 Answer

What is your best lesson?

1 Answer

They ask if you if you've started gathering the papers, I lied and said I did, but he knew I was lying. Still got the job tho. They asked me about the online TEFL course and what i was learning in it.

1 Answer

What is your teaching experience.

110 of 303 Interview Questions