Environment Artist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Environment Artist Interview Questions

Environment artist interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Describe the process you went through to complete the work seen in one of your portfolio pieces.

1 Answer

I went into detail from beginning to end about my process, from working with the concept team, to grey-boxing and working with design, to final polish and bug fixing.

Only the producer had actually looked at my portfolio AT ALL--ridiculous--so it necessitated hand-holding them through the material. The facility TD also asked technical details on work that was more than 5 years old--not details for things like how something was created, but odd specifics like why are certain wireframes green and why are others purple. (this was grouping info for the game engine, but beyond that I couldn't remember what else it may have been used for

1 Answer

What brings you to this studio given that you are still gainfully employed?

1 Answer

I wasn't expecting technical questions for some reason. i.e. word definitions. I got stumbled up on what Global Illumination was because I was focused on explaining how I get from one step to the next.

Are you still available?

1 Answer

Can you work long hours, be independent, and solve problems yourself?

1 Answer

What are some of the main reasons you've decided to apply to this company?

1 Answer

What programs that I used to complete my work along with duration and my experienced with working on teams.

1 Answer

Name a game that you think has good game design, and one that has bad game design and explain why.

Questions mostly pertaining to how you overcame problems, how you faced time constraints, how you organize yourself/your workflow, and whether you prefer to work alone or in a team.

110 of 28 Interview Questions