Environmental Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Environmental Manager Interview Questions

Environmental manager interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

I took an online test. 40 per cent consisted of multiple choice questions using tiny 17 KB color photos of objects that were expected to be encountered during site walks. The remainder were multiple choice questions about the Phase I process and what procedures are followed concerning dry cleaning establishments et cetera.

1 Answer

I answered the questions concerning the photos to the best of my ability considering the tiny size and generally poor lighting in the photos. Interpretation of photos of features or pieces of equipment are not the way you do a Phase I Environmental Site Assessment site walk. You go into the site and see the pieces of equipment yourself where you will be able to identify them in context. You will also be able to touch, smell and hear when you are in the field doing the site walk. An example of the inappropriateness of this technique is a dark and tiny photo used of a round dark brown cover atop a concrete pad outdoors next to a building with what looks like possible stains near the cover and other objects with the question "is this significant?". This is not an adequate way to determine if the applicant can identify a Recognized Environmental Condition. The apparent stains could be water from a recent rain. I answered "yes" to be on the safe side because I could not get close to the objects to tell if they were stained from any substance other than water. It was just a photo.

As an EHS Manager, what will you do everyday?

1 Answer

If you had multiple tasks all with the same importance/deadlines, how would you decide which one to work on first?

1 Answer

Tell me how you would build a team?

1 Answer

You're overqualified for the job and would be making less pay then you were in your previous position. What is going to keep you from jumping ship once a better offer comes along.

1 Answer

Dealing with having to do ways of the older facilities that were not compatible to our arena, and would often use phases such as tribel knowledge,

1 Answer

The VP asked me " I know you have the education and experience, tell what something about yourself that is not capture in your resume"

1 Answer

Describe a time you were having difficulty with one of your employees and what you did about it.

1 Answer

Why should we give this job to you?

1 Answer

HR has a timed computer logic test that they apparently give to everyone interviewing regardless of position.

110 of 68 Interview Questions