ER Nurse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ER Nurse Interview Questions

"As an emergency room nurse, you will be expected to perform professionally and diligently in the heart of chaos. By receiving your certification from the BCEN, employers know that you possess the technical skills to treat trauma and injury, but the interview process defines whether you have the commitment to do so. Expect to describe how you plan to be a team player, dedicate yourself to providing excellent customer service, and deal with difficult patient situations. Employers are looking for candidates who are passionate in serving their community, so come with a motivated and service-oriented attitude."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

When busy on the phone are you going to give the quick answer to move on or the right one?

1 Answer

“How did you deal with a difficulty patient/situation, and if you encounter it second time what would you do?”

Tell us about YOU. Why Community?

1 Answer

How do you get along with staff in your current position

1 Answer

how much do you currently earn per hour

1 Answer

What made you decide to apply at Children's Hospital Boston?

how do you handle stress?

1 Answer

The questions posed were pageant quality; What is your 5 year plan? The 2 interviewers spoke at length about their over 20 years tenure in the same department and had no interest in my academic preparation, skillset, interest that I had in Emergency nursing, or my professional affiliations. They were over 1/2 hour late to the interview, and did not read or even glance at the resume I provided. Half way thru the interview, one of them suggested that I join 'an organization called the ENA' which I had been a member of for over a year. They were not interested in my certifications and spent about 20 seconds on my prior military experience. In this case, I feel I may have dodged a bullet. This is a large ER with 125 staff and has a reputation for staff churn.

110 of 23 Interview Questions