Esl teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Esl teacher Interview Questions

"English as a Second Language (ESL) teachers are involved instructors who enable children from different backgrounds to learn English for use in everyday life. In an interview, expect to answer questions about your teaching style, philosophy towards ESL, and ability to connect with students on a personal level. It's helpful to know that nearly all schools require some level of ESL certification and public institutions also require teaching credentials."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

"A lot of our students have jobs and families, and so their attendance can taper off toward the end of the school year because other responsibilities take precedence. How would you maintain student attendance numbers?"

1 Answer

I told them that relationships are the things that keep students coming back when they don't have to. If they respect me and like me as a teacher and we have a good relationship, they're more likely to come to class even when it gets difficult to do so.

What is your teaching philosophy? How would you approach disciplinary problems?

1 Answer

The most difficult questions were scenarios of what one would do with a student who was proficient in English but did not want to move up to the next level.

1 Answer

How long have you taught?

7 Answers

Define wall.

4 Answers

What are your qualifications?

3 Answers

-Tell me about yourself - how do you handle students with one English word only?

3 Answers

If you have a shy student who doesn't want to talk, how do you handle this situation?

2 Answers

I was asked about the hours willing to work, for teaching group classes only. I have plenty of ESL experience working with adults, but unfortunately, I was told that wasn't available.

2 Answers

Do you have teaching experience?

110 of 476 Interview Questions