Executive Producer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Executive Producer Interview Questions

Executive producer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Freelancers are famously renegade, lone-wolf types who live by their own rules and eschew corporate culture. How would you feel moving into a more structured, albeit not hyper-corporate, environment?

2 Answers

That's a good question. In the past couple of years, I've really been yearning for an opportunity I could sink my teeth into, with a company I could grow with. I'm tired of having to reinvent the wheel every day, and look to find an environment with mentors like yourself who can help me grow into my highest self.

One of the toughest things about being a freelancer is the one-project nature of the work. There's little opportunity to work on projects on a long-term basis that could contribute significantly to the future development of a company. Rather than working on one-off projects, I'm looking for an opportunity to make a substantial contribution to an organization that I believe in. This position offers me a chance to pursue that opportunity and really make a difference.

The most unexpected question came in the beginning from the HR person. They asked "How do you fix a toaster?"

1 Answer

My vision for the new studio and client targets.

do you have any pets?

2 Answers

Nothing really unexpected. Talked about shows I had worked on.

They were very interested in bottom line dollars and how much I could make for the company. Profit vs production cost as well as production quality.

How would you develop content srrategy and build a strong content team?

What resources do you use to stay current with industry trends?

What kind of culture are you seeking in a work environment?

What had I done previously that related to the current position.

110 of 27 Interview Questions