Executive Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Executive Recruiter Interview Questions

"When hiring an executive recruiter, a recruiting firm will look for candidates who have the industry knowledge and recruiting skills to seek out applicants for executive and high-level management positions. In an interview you can expect to be asked about the traits you look for in executive candidates, the processes you use to vet applicants, and your turnaround rate for filling positions. You should also be prepared to answer any technical questions that pertain to the industry you will be recruiting in."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What type of positions do you usually recruit for & what was the largest commission I ever earned on a placement?

1 Answer

I worked with ANY type of entity, company, facility, agency, broker, adminstrator, captive, or self insured corporation. I accepted job orders from any viable business that needed to hire someone with insurance skills or knowledge. I focused on individuals possessing 3+ years of technical work experience in the property & casualty insurance arena. Salary levels at $40,000 annully or above. I didn't work on more "clerically defined" positions unless I did a lot of business with the client. Clerical postions were referred to the dept who focused on support staff. The largest single commission I'd ever generated was $24,750 at 18%. I explained I had 3 exclusive accounts who paid flat fees per hire of $4,500 - $6,000 & each cummlatively had paid over $35,000 in commission, one totaled $60,000 in the past year.

What qualities/skills do you obtain that would be applicable to a recruiting role, in terms of the specific day-to-day roles and functions of the position?

1 Answer

How do you build business relationships?

1 Answer

The Recruiter told me to take the predictive index without thinking about it, just go with my gut. So when I received the test in my email, it was a Friday afternoon, and I just opened it up and blasted through it!. I took maybe 2 minutes to complete it. This turned out to be the wrong way to do it, because I flunked it! Not that you can really flunk i this type of test, but I answered it very sparsely, clicking a couple of traits on the 1st page and then a couple more on the 2nd and then hitting submit.

2 Answers

No questions just explanations.

1 Answer

Why was I interested in recruiting?

1 Answer

Most questions related to my prior sales performance . Behavioral questions such as ".. tell me about how you dealt with .....( unresponsive customer, changing standards, delays, etc)

What motivates you?

1 Answer

Questions about where I grew up.

1 Answer

What cartoon character would I compare myself to?

110 of 265 Interview Questions