Executive Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Executive Recruiter Interview Questions

"When hiring an executive recruiter, a recruiting firm will look for candidates who have the industry knowledge and recruiting skills to seek out applicants for executive and high-level management positions. In an interview you can expect to be asked about the traits you look for in executive candidates, the processes you use to vet applicants, and your turnaround rate for filling positions. You should also be prepared to answer any technical questions that pertain to the industry you will be recruiting in."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What type of positions do you usually recruit for & what was the largest commission I ever earned on a placement?

1 Answer

I worked with ANY type of entity, company, facility, agency, broker, adminstrator, captive, or self insured corporation. I accepted job orders from any viable business that needed to hire someone with insurance skills or knowledge. I focused on individuals possessing 3+ years of technical work experience in the property & casualty insurance arena. Salary levels at $40,000 annully or above. I didn't work on more "clerically defined" positions unless I did a lot of business with the client. Clerical postions were referred to the dept who focused on support staff. The largest single commission I'd ever generated was $24,750 at 18%. I explained I had 3 exclusive accounts who paid flat fees per hire of $4,500 - $6,000 & each cummlatively had paid over $35,000 in commission, one totaled $60,000 in the past year.

How do you build business relationships?

1 Answer

What qualities/skills do you obtain that would be applicable to a recruiting role, in terms of the specific day-to-day roles and functions of the position?

1 Answer

The Recruiter told me to take the predictive index without thinking about it, just go with my gut. So when I received the test in my email, it was a Friday afternoon, and I just opened it up and blasted through it!. I took maybe 2 minutes to complete it. This turned out to be the wrong way to do it, because I flunked it! Not that you can really flunk i this type of test, but I answered it very sparsely, clicking a couple of traits on the 1st page and then a couple more on the 2nd and then hitting submit.

2 Answers

all on point and very transparent

Why work for Randstad?

1 Answer

What do you like to do for fun outside of work?

1 Answer

"Whats the strangest position you ever had that you ended up being successful at/loving?" Have to say that the questions were put to me very honestly and I did'nt feel "tricked" or led on in any manner. Truly appreciated the tone and authenticity of Toms approach to finding out about who I was/ & here I had been, as well as what I wanted from the future.

1 Answer

Most questions related to my prior sales performance . Behavioral questions such as ".. tell me about how you dealt with .....( unresponsive customer, changing standards, delays, etc)

1 Answer

Write up a sales plan an how you would approach this position

110 of 205 Interview Questions