Experienced Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Experienced Consultant Interview Questions

Experienced consultant interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

Most questions were typical of a small consulting firm where client relationships are extremely important and an emphasis on growth remains prominent. For example, I was asked to discuss how I would approach a client engagement with little to no structure.

1 Answer

It was obvious that such a scenario requires assisting the client in identifying and documenting project scope and objectives. My answer also included influencing the engagement to define deliverables and acceptance criteria to ensure client satisfaction and accountability. This seems basic, but thinking about the client’s needs from their perspective is not always the primary focus for some. This answer seemed to resonate with my interviewer.

Technical questions relevant to experiences and for other examples to display values aligned with the company values.

1 Answer

Tell me what you've learned about my company (during an unscheduled pop-in by the CEO in the middle of another interview)

Tell me about yourself ? What's your passion? Why do you want to join SEI?

Tell me a time when you failed miserably and did not meet the customers expectations, tell me the circumstances and reasons in reflection and what was the outcome.

There weren't really any difficult questions. They were all standard interview questions (see above).

Why did you want to get into consulting? Have you ever been in a situation where you disagreed with the lead auditor/management? Outside of SOX, what audits have you performed/willing to perform? Work-scenario questions for IT auditors: Change management, logical access, specific system and applications questions. As long as you have your basics and ITGC's down, this portion should be fairly manageable. They did grill me on logical access and change management, so I'm assuming there will be a lot of SOX related work in the pipeline.

110 of 15 Interview Questions